SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#152779 - 02/02/07 02:49 PM OT ROCKY BALBOA
rolandfan Offline

Loc: South Africa
Hi guys. I highly recommend this film to anybody who has not seen it. Its more than a boxing film...theres alot of inspiration and emotions in this film and I think Stallone did what I previously thought was impossible and has delivered a film out of the top draw. And its doing great at the box office too. Both Stallone and his fictional fighter Rocky have now come full circle.

I bet alot of you saw the earlier Rocky movies..... ah the nostalgia is back better than ever!

#152780 - 02/02/07 04:01 PM Re: OT ROCKY BALBOA
Taike Offline

Loc: Xingyi, Guizhou (China)
I think I'll pass on this one. I did like Rocky I and to a lesser amount Rocky II. Then it all went downhill and turned into a parody.

What's next? Rambo in a wheelchair taking on bin Laden?

#152781 - 02/02/07 04:13 PM Re: OT ROCKY BALBOA
rolandfan Offline

Loc: South Africa
Yep he is doing one more Rambo and then will retire from acting and direct in future. If u liked the first one then u will probably enjoy this one cos the tone and grittiness is along the lines of the first one. In a nutshell it captures the magic of that first film and to a lesser extent the sequels. This film focuses more on an aged Rocky dealing with the last chapters of his life than the actual fight. Geez i feel like a lecturer now lol

#152782 - 02/02/07 08:56 PM Re: OT ROCKY BALBOA
Dnj Offline

I saw it last month when it came out..what a waste of money...it was the worst emabarrasing piece of crap stallone ever made...
how bad does this guy need money ...
3 thumbs down on balboa. There was no need to make it...

NOTHING beats the first one!

[This message has been edited by Dnj (edited 02-03-2007).]

#152783 - 02/02/07 11:27 PM Re: OT ROCKY BALBOA
F161 Offline

Loc: UK
I loved the film. I went in with quite high expectations (being a huge Rocky fan) and I was glad to find it exceeded them. I was even quite touched by the film in a few places. It was good that they addressed the character had aged. Great closure to a fine film series. Stallone is never given enough credit for his actor, writer and director abilities, and I feel they were more than evident in this film. I'm also looking forward to Rambo IV.

I say go see it.

Regards
James

#152784 - 02/03/07 03:13 AM Re: OT ROCKY BALBOA
LindaFus Offline

Loc: Ledyard, CT USA
I saw it when it came out on the Holiday. I also, am a Rocky fan and I thought this last one was as good as the first. It is a fitting end to the Rocky series and I agree, it addressed his age in a very fitting way. I am picky about movies but this one got 2 thumbs up for me.

-Lin

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online