SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#122612 - 01/10/07 09:31 PM New Yamaha Motif XS Demos! - Here's the Link....
Blazer Offline

#122613 - 01/10/07 11:54 PM Re: New Yamaha Motif XS Demos! - Here's the Link....
Nick G Offline

Loc: Sydney, NSW, Australia
oooo yeh baby! im getting one of these!!!

#122614 - 01/11/07 04:28 AM Re: New Yamaha Motif XS Demos! - Here's the Link....
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Very impressive.

Thanks for the link.

Ian

------------------
Remember to leave good news alone.

#122615 - 01/11/07 03:02 PM Re: New Yamaha Motif XS Demos! - Here's the Link....
TwoNuts Offline

Loc: Vancouver, Washington. USA
I guess I'm the ODD man out here. I thought that the sounds are the same as what I'm already used to. It's not that it I don't like it, but rather I already have much of it in my Tyros 2.

I guess it will take a little bit more to impress me as something different. No hard feelings though

Regards,

Dennis L. Almond
aka...TwoNuts

Dennis L. Almond
aka...TwoNuts

#122616 - 01/11/07 04:09 PM Re: New Yamaha Motif XS Demos! - Here's the Link....
Spalding1 Offline

Loc: birmingham,england
I agree with you Dennis. The same or very similar demos could have been programmed on anyone of our existing boards.The thing that a demo cant "demo" is how easy it was to make it. I believe that yamahas sales pitch is the intuitive and integrated nature of this next generation motif. The previous motif operating system and layout was a real obstacle for many users and quite a few motifs ended up being traded in or put on ebay for that reason alone. Time will tell if yamaha have got it right this time.

#122617 - 01/11/07 04:39 PM Re: New Yamaha Motif XS Demos! - Here's the Link....
TwoNuts Offline

Loc: Vancouver, Washington. USA
Thats one of the reasons that I gave up on workstations.
It took to much time to get results.
If I want to create from scratch only, the workstation is OK.
However, if I want to create from scratch OR have quick satisfaction, it's the Arranger I want.
The arranger allows me a great deal of flexibility.
I truly like what you can do with a workstation, I just don't have the patience for it most of the time.
I know that recent technology is starting to blur the lines between Arrangers and Workstations.
I speak mainly of days gone by when workstations were synth's with sequencers built in.
Things are really starting to change in the area of Arrangers and Workstations.
I think that very soon there will be no distinction between the two.

Regards,

Dennis L. Almond
aka...TwoNuts

[This message has been edited by TwoNuts (edited 01-11-2007).]

Dennis L. Almond
aka...TwoNuts

#122618 - 01/11/07 05:00 PM Re: New Yamaha Motif XS Demos! - Here's the Link....
Nick G Offline

being into alot of modern dance and trance music, the XS has far better synth sounds and much punchier drums n basses than the T2 and any other arranger for that matter.

Thats is my excuse to buy an XS.

possibly the Tyros 2 replacement would have the same sound engine - wishful thinking!

#122619 - 01/11/07 06:33 PM Re: New Yamaha Motif XS Demos! - Here's the Link....
MarcK Offline

Am I the only one who thinks very poorly of Yamaha's Sweet Alto Sax sound?

#122620 - 01/11/07 07:12 PM Re: New Yamaha Motif XS Demos! - Here's the Link....
Nick G Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by MarcK:
Am I the only one who thinks very poorly of Yamaha's Sweet Alto Sax sound?

Im a Yamaha lover and i think the alto sax is terrible!

before the S.A saxes on the T2, the rest of the solo saxes were very weak...there were better solo saxes on the technics KN boards IMO

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online