SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#106763 - 12/09/06 01:47 PM OT - Nigel, What Happened to Scott Yee's Post?
Riceroni9 Offline

Loc: TX, USA
Nigel:

I'm beginning to wonder what's going on here. Scott Yee had a post with three pages of comments and it's disappeared from the board, just like he has. Why did you take it down? From what I'm seeing, you have let the most influential and generous member of SZ's Arranger Forum just walk away without even trying to persuade him to stay.

Judging by the negative nature of so many of the posts that are appearing lately, I'm gonna take a hike too. I wish everyone at SZ and the Arranger Forum the best of everything and appreciate all the help I have been given. I sure regret that it has come to this.

Dave Rice

#106764 - 12/09/06 02:16 PM Re: OT - Nigel, What Happened to Scott Yee's Post?
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
What has happened to ALL of Scott's posts?
There was invaluable information over the years. I can't pull up anything after 2001 when I search.
Am I doing something wrong?
DonM

#106765 - 12/09/06 03:06 PM Re: OT - Nigel, What Happened to Scott Yee's Post?
Rejected Idol Offline

Loc: St Paul, MN
It's classic folks. What we have here is politics in motion. There's all this stuff about "two faced people" regarding Scott's situation (that is, folks taking up for him), and then the "offender" comes back and wishes all his friends a great holiday.

Personally, it's extremely sad that the "ban" was lifted, and there wasn't even a breath of an apology.

The bottom line is we HAVE lost a very valuable member of this forum. Lots of questions about Yamaha arrangers, styles, PA's, and performing in general will continue to be asked - and yes, they will be answered by the "residents" of this forum. But the synergy just went down a notch folks. Don't you get it? I guess the current state of things is indeed the ultimate "WIN" for the Roland team.

It's a real shame though, because this forum could easily be "all things to all people". But when you allow people to drive others away with totally unnecessary inflamatory insults, it will never get to that status.

YES - the comments were unnecessary and YES, the comments were inflamatory and confrontational. So now let's all forget what took place a week ago til it happens to the next guy he decides he wants to trash. I learned in elementary school that when you screw up you have to make amends. Looks like what we teach our kids doesn't apply on here.

I haven't left YET because I still believe in this board. I just don't know what to think about the way people are acting on here.

[This message has been edited by Rejected Idol (edited 12-09-2006).]

#106766 - 12/09/06 03:24 PM Re: OT - Nigel, What Happened to Scott Yee's Post?
SemiLiveMusic Offline

Loc: Louisiana, USA
Yep, it's a shame. We all have our own styles but Scott can play and sing circles around me and just about anyone on this or any forum. And a very articulate and generous good guy, as well.

Sometimes, life isn't fair. When I was in college, my long-time girlfriend was a real showstopper. A stunningly beautiful girl with a tremendous personality. Unbelievably, she was blackballed from a top sorority because of one jealous girl. It really got to her and I certainly understand why.

------------------
Bill
SmallGig.com

#106767 - 12/09/06 03:41 PM Re: OT - Nigel, What Happened to Scott Yee's Post?
rphillipchuk Offline

Loc: Ontario Canada
Posted only a couple times, but read thousands of hints, tips, experiences and other valuble info........But enough enough !!!!! Too much bickering and a waste of resources .... I am out of here

Ron

Styles
Yamaha Styles Only
Midi Safe

#106768 - 12/09/06 05:03 PM Re: OT - Nigel, What Happened to Scott Yee's Post?
zuki Offline

How does one know another's heart when he posts, wishing ALL a great holiday. Seems there are others stirring the pot these days.

zuki

Studio: Korg PA4X/Yamaha DGX670/Boss BR900CD/Tascam DP24SD/MTM Iloud/Sony C80/AGK 214/K&M stand

#106769 - 12/09/06 05:13 PM Re: OT - Nigel, What Happened to Scott Yee's Post?
Scott Langholff Online   content

Loc: Pensacola, Florida, USA
Hi Don

Scott's posts are still there. If you just put in the user name and now subject you will just get the first 200 posts of anyone. If you type in a subject and Scott's name then you will see current posts.

Scott
http://ScottLMusic.com

#106770 - 12/09/06 05:35 PM Re: OT - Nigel, What Happened to Scott Yee's Post?
Rejected Idol Offline

Loc: St Paul, MN
Guys and Gals - Happy holidays to "ALL" and to "ALL" (yes - ALL OF YOU!)... a good night.

R/I

[This message has been edited by Rejected Idol (edited 12-09-2006).]

#106771 - 12/09/06 06:46 PM Re: OT - Nigel, What Happened to Scott Yee's Post?
Nigel Offline
Admin

Loc: Ventura CA USA
Quote:
Originally posted by DonM:
What has happened to ALL of Scott's posts?
There was invaluable information over the years. I can't pull up anything after 2001 when I search.
Am I doing something wrong?
DonM

Don, the search only shows the first 200 hits so it simply doesn't show posts after 2001.

#106772 - 12/09/06 07:56 PM Re: OT - Nigel, What Happened to Scott Yee's Post?
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Thanks.
DonM

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online