SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#174822 - 09/05/06 08:42 AM Using two Logitech z2200 systems together
SemiLiveMusic Offline

Loc: Louisiana, USA
Actually, a z2200 and a z2300. I guess it wouldn't matter, about the same thing?

I have several questions, I'm sure I'll learn something!

Okay, I have these two Logitech systems. Revisit the idea of using them simultaneously.

- acoustic guitar
- keyboard
- vocal

I have a y-adaptor cable that has two 1/4" female jacks on one end, the other end is 1/4" male. I plug this y-adaptor into the psr2000's Mic jack. Whatever effects I have on my vocal are also on the guitar but it sounds fine to me and has worked with no problems.

So, what about this? On the back of psr2000:

Output (1/4")
R L/L+R

Auxiliary Out (RCA)
(Level Fixed)
R L

BTW, why is Right on the left and left on the right? That doesn't make any sense to me.

Say I want more volume than a single z2200 can deliver. I always go out of Output (Main Out) into the z2200. What about doing that but also going out from Aux Out (Level Fixed) into my second system, the z2300?

"Level Fixed," I assume this means the sound level is maxed out? If so, that's a problem, isn't it? Why do they make it maxed, what is the advantage of that?

If it's maxed out sound coming out of Aux Out, could I go into a mixer (Behringer UB1002) so I can control the sound level?

I note that the psr3000, in addition to RCA Level Fixed Aux Out, also has an Aux Out that is NOT "Level Fixed," so that would make it easier to do what I want?

Any comments about any of this or how to use the two systems when I need more volume?

------------------
Bill
Yamaha PSR2000

#174823 - 09/05/06 10:14 AM Re: Using two Logitech z2200 systems together
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Bill,
The PSR-3000 has the same outputs as the 2000. There is an Auxiliary Input, but the only outputs are the standard outputs and line-out which is also labled as auxiliary out, which is a fixed level.

As for using a Y adapter, this usually results in an impedience matching problem and distortion, or decreased overall performance.

You can run from both the line out (RCA) and standard output using two systems--that will work just fine. The only stumbling block would be matching the volumes between the two systems.

Good Luck,

Gary

------------------
Travlin' Easy

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#174824 - 09/05/06 10:23 AM Re: Using two Logitech z2200 systems together
SemiLiveMusic Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by travlin'easy:

You can run from both the line out (RCA) and standard output using two systems--that will work just fine. The only stumbling block would be matching the volumes between the two systems.

Okay, how?

Using a mixer on Aux Out (RCA)? This is how?

I guess this is the king of dumb questions... using two identical systems with identical output, does the volume double from using one?

------------------
Bill
Yamaha PSR2000

#174825 - 09/05/06 10:32 AM Re: Using two Logitech z2200 systems together
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Bill, you could run the output of the 2K to your mixer, then run main outs to one system, and monitor sends to the other.
Or you could go shopping in my garage and get some GOOD stuff.
Don

#174826 - 09/05/06 12:45 PM Re: Using two Logitech z2200 systems together
travlin'easy Offline

Nope, it will not double the volume. It will be somewhat louder, but not twice as loud.

Go shopping in Don's garage--you'll find something there that will fit your needs. He has a lot of Hank's stuff there too!

Good Luck,

Gary

------------------
Travlin' Easy

#174827 - 09/05/06 04:26 PM Re: Using two Logitech z2200 systems together
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
Quote:
Originally posted by SemiLiveMusic:
using two identical systems with identical output, does the volume double from using one?

Nope - the formula is 10:1, so twice the wattage equals 10% more volume.

You'd need TEN systems to double the volume !

#174828 - 09/05/06 06:20 PM Re: Using two Logitech z2200 systems together
SemiLiveMusic Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Uncle Dave:

Nope - the formula is 10:1, so twice the wattage equals 10% more volume.

You'd need TEN systems to double the volume !

Uh, splain? What formula exactly do you mean? If it's only 10% louder, that is amazing... surprising. I wonder if it would even be worth it.

------------------
Bill
Yamaha PSR2000

#174829 - 09/05/06 06:42 PM Re: Using two Logitech z2200 systems together
bruno123 Online   content

Loc: West Palm Beach, FL 33417
Bill,
Two systems will cover more area, but that does not mean it will be much loader. As Dave says, a possible 10%. Loader and coverage are not necessarily the same.

John C.

#174830 - 09/05/06 07:45 PM Re: Using two Logitech z2200 systems together
travlin'easy Offline

Bill,

You are confusing Db with wattage. Just because you go from a 500 watt system to a 1,000 watt system doesn't translate into twice the Db level. It usually only increased the sound leven (Db) by approximately 10 percent. Two systems will provide you with approximately 50 percent more coverage in square footage because you are moving 50 percent more air with the speakers, but the sound will not be appreciably louder.

This is why so many of us appreciate the Bose L1 system because the cylindrical radiator reaches to areas traditional sound system fail to access.

Good Luck,

Gary

------------------
Travlin' Easy

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online