SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#113591 - 05/27/06 06:57 PM Tyros 2 Hard Disk Recording - Does it ever interfere with playing?
chony Offline

Loc: New York
I would love to make a full recording on board my T2 of a full performance, but have never done so as I am afraid that something will go wrong in the recording process (ie: the HD runs out of disk space; or is cut off because I'm accessing songs and styles off it).

If this happens, does it affect the live playing? Will my style stop? Will I get a panic window that can't be closed while a style is in use?

If anyone has experience with this, I'd appreciate hearing about it!

Thanks, Chony.

#113592 - 05/27/06 07:59 PM Re: Tyros 2 Hard Disk Recording - Does it ever interfere with playing?
Scott Langholff Offline

Loc: Pensacola, Florida, USA
The easiest way is to just start recording your set and let it go. You can record up to 80 minutes at a time. If you go past the 80 minutes, you lose everything.

There is no point in messing around turning it off and on in between tunes. I think there is enough to do without doing that, especially when you don't have to anymore.

Later, you can easily cut out any dead space on your computer recording software.

Scott Langholff http://ScottLMusic.com

#113593 - 05/27/06 09:17 PM Re: Tyros 2 Hard Disk Recording - Does it ever interfere with playing?
Dreamer Offline

Loc: Rome - Italy
Chony,
just press the "record" button: you have nothing to loose.

#113594 - 05/28/06 01:55 AM Re: Tyros 2 Hard Disk Recording - Does it ever interfere with playing?
chony Offline

Loc: New York
Quote:
Originally posted by Scott Langholff:
The easiest way is to just start recording your set and let it go. You can record up to 80 minutes at a time. If you go past the 80 minutes, you lose everything.

I'm more worried about the style stopping than losing the recording. Is this an issue? Thanks, Chony.

#113595 - 05/28/06 09:09 AM Re: Tyros 2 Hard Disk Recording - Does it ever interfere with playing?
Scott Langholff Offline

Loc: Pensacola, Florida, USA
No problem at all.

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online