SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#162394 - 05/12/06 05:42 AM chord rec. - will a midiguitar get along with the pa1x?
Heinrich Offline

Hi fellas,

After some very good suggestions I tried different instruments out, that might help me with composing songs (contedmpporary stuff)

I like arranger modules, but had to rule out the midjay, genesys xp, psr3000. I seriously considered the pa1x because of its overall sound, even if single instruments were not up to par with the yammie line.

The chord recognition was weird though (OS 2.50 expert mode included.)Sometimes it played completely different chords than what I played on my midiguitar. I tried experimenting with the split point etc. Sometimes it got the chords right, then again it gave me completely different harmonies with a different root note. I would seriously consider buying this instrument if I could rely on the chord recognition. One thing to be noted: Because every string sends on a different midichannel (1 - 6) I switched all the receiving midi channels in the midi menue to global (I think that simulates playing on the actual keyboard)

Am I missing something? Any ideas?

Thanks for your input

Heinrich

#162395 - 05/12/06 09:46 AM Re: chord rec. - will a midiguitar get along with the pa1x?
Starkeeper Offline

Loc: Toronto
Just a thought. Some chords on my arranger MUST be played in root postion (example sustained 4 chords, 6th chords) otherwise it will play some other chord. I play full chords, but play whatever inversion has the fewer moves. Guitars are rarely played root first.
Starkeeper

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online