SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#99944 - 05/03/06 01:50 PM Italian Singer: Patrizio Buanne arrives in the USA !
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...

Ok guys, especially SZ italian & italian-american members, curious what you think of Patrizio Buanne, the up and coming 27 year old italian born neopolitan singer who's attempting to bring back the italian pop classic songs of the 1950's & 60's. Some people claim he's merely a karaoke copy cat of Englebert Humperdink's sound & style, but I recently saw a PBS special of him in concert and was really impressed with his singing style, skill, and stage presence. Terrific pipes. Checkout his website, of which includes audio/video song clips from his album: Il Mondo:

Patrzio Buanne Website

Buanne's appearing in concert in San Francisco on May 25th, so I might try to catch his show.

Scott

#99945 - 05/03/06 05:03 PM Re: Italian Singer: Patrizio Buanne arrives in the USA !
Taike Offline

Loc: Xingyi, Guizhou (China)
I love this kind of music and singing. Have always been a fan of Englebert and Patrizio does sound like him although that doesn't make him a clone.

A lot of those artists outsell MTV artists and more often then not have a much stronger and more loyal fan base.

Just to hear a melody that you can actually sing along with or whistle is a blessing.

Taike

------------------
Khoi huk ngam sud tee huk kon diow.

#99946 - 05/03/06 08:59 PM Re: Italian Singer: Patrizio Buanne arrives in the USA !
Dreamer Offline

Loc: Rome - Italy
He is almost unknown in Italy and that's no surprise, since he moved as a child to Vienna (Austria), where is father worked.
So, cannot comment much here.

#99947 - 05/04/06 05:20 AM Re: Italian Singer: Patrizio Buanne arrives in the USA !
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Two weeks ago some friends from NYC came up to RI and spent the weekend with us ... My buddy George plays guitar and his wife sings, so we had a great time ... George brought some CDs he thought I would like, one of which was Patrizio ... I was really impressed with his voice and style ...
t.

#99948 - 05/04/06 09:37 PM Re: Italian Singer: Patrizio Buanne arrives in the USA !
Dnj Offline

http://www.michaelamante.com/

Heres one of my favorite Singers
Michael Amante for Modern Italian ...

besides Andrea Bocelli
http://www.andreabocelli.com/

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online