SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#187918 - 03/21/06 01:28 PM Here's a post that extends beyond the edge of the screen for me
brickboo Offline

Loc: Fruita, Colorado, USA
Check out this post by DNJ it's extending beyond the edges for me right now 3:30 Mountain Time and it gave me trouble the other day. His post and the first couple of replies are OK but scroll down a few more and that's where the troubole begins.Is it working correctly for you guys?

This is the Post:
"Now That Tyros 2 is just about "Old News" ...What do you think is NEXT?"

#187919 - 03/21/06 01:35 PM Re: Here's a post that extends beyond the edge of the screen for me
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
Boo, when you have a post that you have to scroll across to read,,just hold down the control button on your keypad and use the scroll wheel on your mouse..
This will make the print size smaller, but you can read without the other hassel..

#187920 - 03/21/06 02:07 PM Re: Here's a post that extends beyond the edge of the screen for me
brickboo Offline

Fran I made the print as small as it would go and it still extends way beyond the edge. I mean way beyond the edge. It's not doing this to you?

Maybe the problem is with us guys that have the 98SE operating system.

#187921 - 03/21/06 02:18 PM Re: Here's a post that extends beyond the edge of the screen for me
mikeathome1 Offline

Loc: Syracuse NY
same here extends way beyond.
I always hit return before I go outside the box. I just tried it and found that the first line will word wrap the next line will scroll across the screen and once one post goes off the edge all the pother post do too.
I tried it a couple of times in this post but decided to erase them so as not to make you scroll. But try it just hold down a letter starting on any line, the first line will wrap around to the next line the next line just goes on.

[This message has been edited by mikeathome1 (edited 03-21-2006).]

#187922 - 03/21/06 02:35 PM Re: Here's a post that extends beyond the edge of the screen for me
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Boo and others,

The post that caused the problem was this one with the full-length links.

"Scotty,something to take to Yamaha the next time you meet with them,regarding the Tyros 3...
I have read many,MANY times about peoples displeasure with the fact that both Tyros had only 61 keys.

But,this didn't automatically mean that folks would prefer an 88 key version,as that would turn it into a musical surfboard,so to speak.

Some people have been clamoring for 76 keys:

But,to me(and not *just* me,I assure you)76 keys have never had any sort of a sense of style,visually speaking-It always looks like a keybed that was just "plopped-down" with out any regard.

This is what I would propose for the Tyros 3:

A 6 octave C to C,73 note keybed.Very neat in appearance(like the 61 key) but now you have 12 more keys(and not 27 more for an 88)
Portability factor remains good and you would be surprised at how much a 73 almost "feels" like an 88,in terms of "space".

What do you think?

Had the links been put with the UBB code this would not have happened. You do not have to hit RETURN at the end of a line under normal conditions in order for the display to remain on a single page width.

Gary

------------------
Travlin' Easy

[This message has been edited by travlin'easy (edited 03-21-2006).]

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#187923 - 03/21/06 03:27 PM Re: Here's a post that extends beyond the edge of the screen for me
brickboo Offline

Gary you have to be right. Now this post is messed up also. I still don't understand the ubb or whatever you're talking about, but If I get the Midjay, I'm not going to get rid of it. I will go to college to learn it or die trying. Ha! Ha!

#187924 - 03/21/06 07:08 PM Re: Here's a post that extends beyond the edge of the screen for me
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Boo,

If you get stuck using the Midjay, call Donny Pesce or Don Mason--I don't know a thing about the machine's operation.

Good Luck,

Gary

------------------
Travlin' Easy

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#187925 - 03/21/06 07:58 PM Re: Here's a post that extends beyond the edge of the screen for me
Jørgen Sørensen Offline

Loc: Denmark
Hi

The "beyond the edges" problem is caused by the width of the image.

Postings in a thread is formatted in a HTML table. HTML tables will always resize to allow images to be shown, regardsless of the defined table width.

As all the postings in a thread is placed in the SAME table, all table cells in the same column will get the width of the widest cell in this column.

Same problem occurs if a very long word - or url - without spaces is included in a message.

Nothing to do about this, but to redesign the board... completely...

Regards
Jørgen

------------------
The Unofficial YAMAHA Keyboard Resource Site

#187926 - 03/21/06 11:23 PM Re: Here's a post that extends beyond the edge of the screen for me
trident Offline

Loc: Athens, Greece
Quote:
Originally posted by Jørgen Sørensen:
Hi

.....Nothing to do about this, but to redesign the board... completely...

Or maybe posters thould ensure that no image posted here is much wider than say 900 pixels,
since most of folks have a 1024x768 screen resolution and the left of the screen is used to display the name of the poster,
so the available "no-scroll" margin is less than 1024 pixels.
A simple resize before posting will fix the thing, or am I mistaken?

[This message has been edited by trident (edited 03-21-2006).]

[This message has been edited by trident (edited 03-21-2006).]

#187927 - 03/22/06 01:07 AM Re: Here's a post that extends beyond the edge of the screen for me
Jørgen Sørensen Offline

Loc: Denmark
Hi trident

Right. (you are not mistaken)

Regards
Jørgen

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online