SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#218350 - 02/17/06 02:57 PM Now That Tyros 2 is just about "Old News" ...What do you think is NEXT?
Dnj Offline

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm?

#218351 - 02/17/06 03:21 PM Re: Now That Tyros 2 is just about "Old News" ...What do you think is NEXT?
Eric, B Offline

Loc: Ventura, Ca, USA
Old News... ??????

I haven't even gotten it all down yet.
It still keeps me busy and excited, so that I'm not in the need for anything new...

Eric

#218352 - 02/17/06 03:37 PM Re: Now That Tyros 2 is just about "Old News" ...What do you think is NEXT?
GlennT Offline

Loc: Medina, OH, USA
SD2

#218353 - 02/17/06 03:49 PM Re: Now That Tyros 2 is just about "Old News" ...What do you think is NEXT?
Dnj Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by GlennT:
SD2

That would be nice.......but Im thinking & hoping something very groundbreaking in an all in one package from soup to nuts.

#218354 - 02/17/06 04:49 PM Re: Now That Tyros 2 is just about "Old News" ...What do you think is NEXT?
travlin'easy Online   happy

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Hmmmm! Sounds like someone may be a bit restless. As for me I just wish manufacturers would listen to their clientele and perfect their existing products. If I were young enough and had the funds to pursue the arranger keyboard market as a business and manufacturing venture, you can bet your butt that I would be looking carefully at the wants and needs of everyone on this and several other forums. Then, that knowledge and priceless information would be compiled, analyzed and used to put out a product that would be very appealing to the vast majority of the pros. I can guarantee you that if the pros liked the features, the general public would as well. But alas, this will likely never happen--or at least that's the way it seems from my perspective.

Good Luck,

Gary

------------------
Travlin' Easy

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#218355 - 02/17/06 05:03 PM Re: Now That Tyros 2 is just about "Old News" ...What do you think is NEXT?
Jerry T Offline

Loc: Phila. 'burbs, Pa. USA
Donny,
I was told that a container of Genesys XP's just arrived in the states, and that in a couple of weeks, some of the east coast distibutors will have an actual piece to audition. The outlet in the Chester, Pa. area is going to call me when they get the XP in his store. So, finally, we may get to see/hear one and I'd love to hear your take, especially as it compares to the Midjay.
Ciao,
Jerry

#218356 - 02/17/06 05:18 PM Re: Now That Tyros 2 is just about "Old News" ...What do you think is NEXT?
Dnj Offline

Jerry great news........Im always game for a road trip to se, hear & play new gear....keep us posted I'll scoop up Fran & U dave and come see it somehwhere ok?

ciao

#218357 - 02/17/06 05:52 PM Re: Now That Tyros 2 is just about "Old News" ...What do you think is NEXT?
Dnj Offline

What do you think Yamaha & others is gonna reveal next regarding arrangers?
I'd like to see something modular, interchangable, & flexable, 76 keys, sliders, big display, & all modes, cd/smf/mp3/sty/rec/ able to operate independently or simultaneously too.

[This message has been edited by Dnj (edited 02-17-2006).]

#218358 - 02/17/06 07:18 PM Re: Now That Tyros 2 is just about "Old News" ...What do you think is NEXT?
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Quote:
Originally posted by travlin'easy:
Hmmmm! Sounds like someone may be a bit restless. As for me I just wish manufacturers would listen to their clientele and perfect their existing products. If I were young enough and had the funds to pursue the arranger keyboard market as a business and manufacturing venture, you can bet your butt that I would be looking carefully at the wants and needs of everyone on this and several other forums. Then, that knowledge and priceless information would be compiled, analyzed and used to put out a product that would be very appealing to the vast majority of the pros. I can guarantee you that if the pros liked the features, the general public would as well. But alas, this will likely never happen--or at least that's the way it seems from my perspective.

Good Luck,

Gary

Gary, I think Ketron pretty much does what you are saying, although it takes them a long time to get around to it. And I don't know of any other company that would provide a TOTAL upgrade for an existing model as they did with the SD1 Plus. Not only did they start making the Plus, they provided the software free of charge for SD1 owners so they could bring their older keyboards up to date.
DonM

#218359 - 02/17/06 08:58 PM Re: Now That Tyros 2 is just about "Old News" ...What do you think is NEXT?
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Quote:
Originally posted by travlin'easy:
I just wish manufacturers would listen to their clientele and perfect their existing products. I can guarantee you that if the pros liked the features, the general public would as well.

Gar: I assure you that several of Yamaha Corporation's 'key' arranger keyboard 'product team developers' are 'actively reading' our forum on a REGULAR basis. In fact, while at NAMM, I was surprised to learn that several of these guys immediately recognized me, knowing who I was (both from my posts & visitng my website) and were very interested in talking to me (as a pro player) to discuss my opinions of Tyros2, my likes disklikes about it, and how I'd like to see the future of arranger kb development take.

On a related note: I was recently paid by a local consulting firm, of who was hired by Yamaha Corporation, to participate in a 'one on one' focus group session, to provide my feedback re Tyros2 & Yamaha arrangers in general, sharing my arranger keyboard product development wishes, as well as provide my candid impressions of new proposed arranger keyboard features currently in development, or on the drawing board. I can't share any more about this though, because I've signed a confidentially agreement, but asssure you that Yamaha is definitely listening to the user community. I'm grateful for having had the opportunity to take part in this study, and to have been paid well for my input as well. Because the doors of communication are open now, I see a promising future with Tyros2 and Yamaha arranger keyboards in general.

Though I appreciate the different features each of the current top brand-model arranger keyboards have to offer, I still think Tyros2 heads the pack, particularly for sound & style quality, and ease of use. In addition, via IDC, you can download brand new styles of comparable quality equal to (or better) than the preset styles in the Tyros2 itself. The only drawback is that they cost 6.95/each. I've downloaded several myself and very impressed. In fact, the Bossa Nova style I utilized on "Nice 'N Easy" is just one of these new downladable impressive styles, so this being the case . . . I feel Tyros2 continues to offer exciting: "New" News, as I've been assured Yamaha style programmers will be continuing to release new impressive sounding Premium Styles via IDC on a regular (monthly) basis as well. - Scott

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online