SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#123746 - 02/22/06 01:56 PM help with microkorg editing software?
chovie d Offline

I cannot open the downloaded file. Do i need to have the synth connected to the computer to even open the file? (I was hoping to have a peek at the instructions pdf. file and maybe even the interface if it would let me.
I am running windows ME and downloaed the latest version of winzip.when I click on the downloaded file it asks to unzip it, then says file successfully unzipped but then nothing happens, the file does not open. Sorry if this is dense..i aint much for these compoooters and such. Thanks-

#123747 - 02/23/06 03:15 AM Re: help with microkorg editing software?
trident Offline

Loc: Athens, Greece
Maybe it actually gets unzipped and then put to a specific directory? some zipped files carry specific "instructions" on where the unzipped files should be put and while unzipping them the program puts them there

switch to winzip "classic" if you are using winzip wizard and in the options/configuration, check the "folders" tab and in the "exrack folder section check "open archive folder"

re launch win zip and then look in the far right of the list of files to be extracted if there is any directory names under the "path" column. if there are, extract the files and go to these directories to find the files you want

#123748 - 02/23/06 06:19 AM Re: help with microkorg editing software?
chovie d Offline

Thank you Trident for taking the time to answer that. That worked, and I am now finally able to view the system requirements and instructions. Thanks again.

[This message has been edited by chovie d (edited 02-23-2006).]

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online