SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#143257 - 01/15/06 12:51 PM Check out this Yamaha demo showcasing Mega/Sweet Voices!
squeak_D Offline

Loc: West Virginia
Guys check out this funky ass demo from Yamaha. Now it's a demo from the Motif series. I know, I know, don't everyone start yelling because this isn't an arranger, but the reason I'm saying listen to this demo is because it showcases (MEGA VOICES) something the Motif and PSR-3000 share in common.

This demo isn't one of those crazy one's that we all say we can't reproduce because the PSR-3000 can easily do this one. Just listen to those killer MEGA VOICES.

I think THIS is an excellent demo for showcasing a boards abilities. I'd love to hear something like this from other makers.

Here's the link: Hope it works. If not just go to Motifator.com and click on Listening room. The demo is called RealityTV.
http://files2.keyfax.com/motifes/SONGS/RealityTV.mp3
GEAR: Yamaha MOXF-6, Casio MZX-500, Roland Juno-Di, M-Audio Venom, Roland RS-70, Yamaha PSR S700, M-Audio Axiom Pro-61 (Midi Controller). SOFTWARE: Mixcraft-7, PowerTracks Pro Audio 2013, Beat Thang Virtual, Dimension Le.

#143258 - 01/15/06 01:06 PM Re: Check out this Yamaha demo showcasing Mega/Sweet Voices!
George V Offline

Loc: Sofia
WOW! This demo beats anything posted here regarding sound quality. It is undistinguishable from a real band.
Never heard a Mega-Slap bass but it sounds marvelous.
Quote:
This demo isn't one of those crazy one's that we all say we can't reproduce because the PSR-3000 can easily do this one
Are you sure?

George

PS I am not trying to get at you but could you provide us with information who played and recorded this piece?

[This message has been edited by George V (edited 01-15-2006).]

#143259 - 01/15/06 01:21 PM Re: Check out this Yamaha demo showcasing Mega/Sweet Voices!
squeak_D Offline

George,
Yeah this can be done. Just listen to the demo, then break it down by parts. The drums can be programed with the PSR's style recorder, everything else as far as the mega bass, ect can be recorded in real-time. It could be done and sound very close in the PSR-3000 in my opinion. However the 3000 may not have this acoustic kit.

I've seen friends of mine compose like this. It's incredible to watch. One buddy of mine from college is an absolute "master" at playing. He not only has the chops, but also has the years of music theory behind him. I should email him this demo

Squeak

[This message has been edited by squeak_D (edited 01-15-2006).]

[This message has been edited by squeak_D (edited 01-15-2006).]
GEAR: Yamaha MOXF-6, Casio MZX-500, Roland Juno-Di, M-Audio Venom, Roland RS-70, Yamaha PSR S700, M-Audio Axiom Pro-61 (Midi Controller). SOFTWARE: Mixcraft-7, PowerTracks Pro Audio 2013, Beat Thang Virtual, Dimension Le.

#143260 - 01/15/06 10:01 PM Re: Check out this Yamaha demo showcasing Mega/Sweet Voices!
chony Offline

Loc: New York
Hi Squeak,

I listened on my laptop speakers so I didn't get the full quality, but it sounds great nonetheless.

I have no idea how this could be done on a 3000 or Tyros. I found it impossible with my Tyros 1 to use the mega voices. On the Tyros 2 of course this is all possible - besides the bass, which is not represented as an SA instrument even in the T2.

Great posting though,
I enjoyed the listen,
Chony

#143261 - 01/16/06 09:49 AM Re: Check out this Yamaha demo showcasing Mega/Sweet Voices!
spalding Offline

Loc: Birmingham
this cant be done on the yamaha song recorder. It would have had to have been done on an external sequencer. I dont care how good the player is . I have owned yamaha instruments for 8 years plus and my reason for not getting the Tyros 2 was because it did not have a fully blown sequencer.

#143262 - 01/16/06 09:54 AM Re: Check out this Yamaha demo showcasing Mega/Sweet Voices!
spalding Offline

i also used to program using the style patterns to micro edit and then patch them together but there were timing lag issues when you played them through the song player and notse would cut off, especially when you listened to the spalsh cymbals when you changed a pattern . You could get some good results but it took an inorcinate amount of time to do.

#143263 - 01/16/06 10:00 AM Re: Check out this Yamaha demo showcasing Mega/Sweet Voices!
squeak_D Offline

I don't agree. The Motif's sequencer could handle that. The PSR-3000 may not get it excactly but with some time and effort into the recording it could come fairly close.

The guitar strum is obviously a (well) written user arpeggiator. The solo over top of that can easily be played in real time. Listen to the other parts such as EP's, Bass Guitar, Brass, ect. All that can easily be recorded in real time. It can be done--I've seen it. It takes A LOT of skill to do that, but it can be done. You don't run into the problems with chaining the patterns and cymbal cut outs if you record your crashes separate from the pattern track.

Squeak

[This message has been edited by squeak_D (edited 01-16-2006).]

#143264 - 01/16/06 12:50 PM Re: Check out this Yamaha demo showcasing Mega/Sweet Voices!
tyrosman Offline

Loc: scotland
HI ARE YOU SHURE ITS NOT A TYROS2 DEMO

------------------
happy tyrosing tyrosman

#143265 - 01/17/06 04:30 AM Re: Check out this Yamaha demo showcasing Mega/Sweet Voices!
spalding Offline

Sorry Squeak. I meant that i did not think that the song could be duplicated on the PSR 3000 because of the limitations of the sequencer . I am sure that i could be done on the Motif. My brother has used one and it is a serious peice of production hardware.

AS a side issue. Stick around mate. You might not be getting much from the forum lately but you sure as hell are giving plenty to it which is great for newbies like me. Its not about what you get, its about what you give friend.

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online