SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#202609 - 12/10/05 11:49 AM Roland styles - where are they?
CoasterTim Offline

Loc: Allentown, PA, USA
Roland makes some great keyboards, but they sure are stingy when it comes to making new style files! What's up with that? There's tons of Yamaha files out there, but where are the Roland files??? I'd like to give my instrument (KR7) a fresh style makeover, but Roland sure doesn't make it easy!
Whew! - there, I vented -
but I'm not really feeling much better!

Tim

-----------------------------------------------------------
YAMAHA CVP-509 / Korg Pa300

#202610 - 12/10/05 01:50 PM Re: Roland styles - where are they?
ocomain Offline

Yamaha definitely has the edge with the number of styles available, probably because they have sold a heck of a lot more arranger keyboards and thus have a much larger userbase! Recently, I purchased a Roland GW-7 and discovered several collections of compatible styles: factory styles from the new Roland EXR40 Oriental Arranger, Roland G1000 conversions from Yamaha's PSR9000 & Tyros, conversions from Roland's VA series, Solton X1, Korg i30, Technics KN\KR series. I also decided to bite the bullet and buy EMC Style Works 2000 in order to have access to styles from the best arranger keyboards. After using the demo version, seeing exactly how it operates...it's a no brainer! Definitely a worthwhile investment! Also, I need to be able and edit styles so I can fit the maximum possible amount of style data in my keyboard's limited flash memory.

Michael

#202611 - 12/10/05 06:56 PM Re: Roland styles - where are they?
rikkisbears Offline

Loc: NSW,Australia
Hi Tim,
a lot of the Yamaha styles are conversions from other manufacturers keyboards. There's a very large psr user style group, who have been very active.
If I'm not mistaken, the less expensive new rolands don't have style creation functions.
Maybe consider creating your own using a program like EMC Styleworks, or maybe even the ne Style Factory program http://www.emc-musicsoftware.de/viashop/storefront/start.asp?

best wishes
Rikki

[QUOTE]Originally posted by CoasterTim:
[B]

[This message has been edited by rikkisbears (edited 12-10-2005).]

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#202612 - 12/10/05 09:08 PM Re: Roland styles - where are they?
zuki Offline

Tim,
You have mail.
zuki

Studio: Korg PA4X/Yamaha DGX670/Boss BR900CD/Tascam DP24SD/MTM Iloud/Sony C80/AGK 214/K&M stand

#202613 - 12/11/05 01:50 AM Re: Roland styles - where are they?
abacus Offline

Loc: English Riviera, UK
It’s based in the UK but this may help. http://www.stylediskwarehouse.com/
Also try this one http://www.bck.co.uk

Bill

[This message has been edited by abacus (edited 12-11-2005).]

#202614 - 12/15/05 08:18 AM Re: Roland styles - where are they?
CoasterTim Offline

Loc: Allentown, PA, USA
Zuki,

I tried the styles you sent me over the past couple of days. They all work on my KR7! The ones that sound the best are those from what I assume is the G70. They seem to use the more updated voices from my KR and they sound fabulous! Thanks so much! Some of the older styles are good stylistically, but use older GM or GS voices instead of the more realistic ones. Unfortunately I cannot edit them on my KR.

Is there a computer software program out there that would allow me to edit them and then use them on the KR?

Thanks again and Merry Christmas!
Tim

-----------------------------------------------------------
YAMAHA CVP-509 / Korg Pa300

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online