SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#136341 - 11/27/05 09:34 PM Performance review (good & bad) with the T2!
chony Offline

Loc: New York
I just got back from my first performance with the T2. It was a very big performance - a convention in the NYC Hilton Hotel with over 3000 people in attendance.

On the good side: The sounds were supurb, and even the trumpet which I was worried about (see my previous thread), sounded great in the live setting.

Also, everybody seems to be raving about the great sounds on the Ty, but nobody seems to be talking about all the little features that they've added! For example, the ability to set fade in/out time, to have tempos automatically adjust themselves, 'stop sync' clock, etc, etc. Although these things are small, they make the difference between a toy, and a fully customizable keyboard. Kudos for this improvement. (The truth is I complained a year ago that the 9000pro seemed to have these and other features, and that I couldn't understand why they were dropped on the Tyros. But at least Yamaha has seen the error of their ways and brought many of them back! I would like to see file password protection again though!)

On the bad side: Twice during my performance, the music stopped for a half second, and then quickly caught up to itself (ie: it stopped for a beat, and then rushed those two beats in to the next one). Now this had happened to me occasionally with my 8000 and my previous Tyros - but only once every few months -- never twice in a single performance! Has anyone else found this?

Secondly, at one point while I was changing registrations, I got a '!' notice that there was no more registration memory left. (I doubt this could be the same bc I'm not using any more than I did on my previous Ty.) But instead of the notice disappearing after a second, it just stayed. There was no cancel or ok button, and pushing 'exit' didn't work. The only way to get around it was to stop the style!!! I managed to do this cleverly to avoid anyone noticing, but I was very upset about this.

Please let me know if you've had other or similar problems.

Chony

[This message has been edited by chony (edited 11-27-2005).]

#136342 - 11/27/05 09:54 PM Re: Performance review (good & bad) with the T2!
zalmi Offline

Loc: London, UK
Hi there Chony! Good to hear you found the first gig with T2 successful!

I thought the Tyros II sounded very good, with the trumpet shakes, SA sax and distortion guitar. It does get very close to sounding like the real thing, it has to be admitted.

Fade in/out time could be changed on the T1. What is stop sync clock? Would be interesting to hear what other new features are in T2.

I noticed the breaks in the music. It sounded like an accident hit on the sync. stop or start?

Anyway, great job! Shame I couldn't see you play!

Zalmi

#136343 - 11/27/05 11:23 PM Re: Performance review (good & bad) with the T2!
chony Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by zalmi:
I noticed the breaks in the music. It sounded like an accident hit on the sync. stop or start?

Anyway, great job! Shame I couldn't see you play!

Did you hear me Live or did you notice the breaks on your own Ty2?

#136344 - 11/27/05 11:33 PM Re: Performance review (good & bad) with the T2!
zalmi Offline

Loc: London, UK
Alright, I'll give it away: I was watching a live broadcast of the event. I heard all those SA voices in the songs for Russia, France, Israel etc, and I remembered your post yesterday about you having your first gig, and I thought: I bet that's Chony playing!

Keep up the great playing!

#136345 - 11/28/05 09:36 PM Re: Performance review (good & bad) with the T2!
chony Offline

I'm bumping this up again as I would like to know if anyone has had similar problems.

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online