SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#132531 - 11/07/05 11:58 AM G70 Video Demo's
Graham UK Offline

Loc: Lincolnshire UK
For any of you that have not already seen these they are very good, here is the link.
http://www.rolandus.com/products/multimedia_demos/index.asp

#132532 - 11/07/05 02:18 PM Re: G70 Video Demo's
Craig_UK Offline

Loc: UK
Thanks for the link Graham UK. I'll be sticking to my G1000 until Roland deliver something better

#132533 - 11/07/05 02:52 PM Re: G70 Video Demo's
svpworld Offline

"Thank you so much!"...

Well my honest opinion, I thought the piano voice was superb (definitely better than Yamaha's), but other than that nothing impressed me very much. The styles sound very synthetic, despite some good samples in there... there seems to be a lack of expressive control over the samples used in the voices. For example the sax sounds really good until he begins playing a few notes and then clearly it sounds sampled. Way too much pitch bend in the sax lines on the styles. Organ's were nice though, great bass sounds which I feel Yamaha's lack (overall in the bass section), but again the style arrangements leave a lot to be desired.
I'd say its probably great for pop arrangements or strong piano based work, but not so for acoustic and natural instrumental arrangements. I listened to quite a few of the styles, I don't think there's any comparison to Yamaha styles but in its favor, the Roland does have some nice sounds and a thicker and weightier bottom end.

S.

------------------

forum.svpworld.com - No adverts, No spam, No nonsense!
share your music, get help and advice, make new friends! All platforms invited!!

#132534 - 11/07/05 03:37 PM Re: G70 Video Demo's
nielshs Offline

Hi

Remember that the demos are recorded with OS1.10 and not OS2.0.

#132535 - 11/07/05 05:00 PM Re: G70 Video Demo's
dschultze Offline

I thought it sounded a nice instrument. I haven't had the opportunity to get my hands on one myself but the demo sounded good.

I liked the ability to split the upper keyboard mode.

Only drawback I liked the link so much I ended up spending 2 hours there listening to all the other demos. Those V Drums rock

#132536 - 11/07/05 08:38 PM Re: G70 Video Demo's
jpapas Offline

Loc: Somewhere in CA
Roland sure knows how to demo its products. If only korg could learn we'd be able to see by ourselves how good the PA1x really is, but they just post these crappy videos and the guys making the presentation, man they just suck!. Not as musicians but as pitchpersons (not sure about the word) They are just so uninspiring.

#132537 - 11/07/05 09:08 PM Re: G70 Video Demo's
church Offline

Loc: Fremont,CA.
Quote:
Originally posted by Graham UK:
For any of you that have not already seen these they are very good, here is the link.
http://www.rolandus.com/products/multimedia_demos/index.asp
What's the asking price of the G70.
Ron

#132538 - 11/07/05 10:21 PM Re: G70 Video Demo's
mdorantes Offline

Loc: Queretaro, Mexico
I owned for the briefest time a VA7 when it came out,when I listen the G70 DEMOS, in the latin styles ALL the SAME as the VA series/unusable styles), it reminded me why I got rid of the VA7 after only 3 months, Roland need to hear what the professional arranger performers (like myself) play/need...
I even be willing to share a collection/research of MP3s of REAL Latin artists (what the people really listen), and even with matching SMFs, and in some cases some styles with alterations to fit needs, this critic is due because is like the cartoon caracter (Speedy Gonzales)would play and or how the latin music is been portrait, and by the way, this also concerns the Yamaha T2, in it's Mexican dance is to say the least, innacurate orquestration, instrumentation, mexican music DO NOT use CASTANETS, that is the FLAMENCO and SPANISH MUSIC, the tempo changes are wrong...the ugliest pattern ever made....border line insulting....those german/japanese style designers need to research much more and be careful/professional.
I do not know how designs the styles at Roland, but with the GREAT sound generation is such shame that the styles are a mis-match, they need to make more REALISTIC/NATURAL sounding styles (not the sounds)...like I said, sounds are top notch.

In the research I made with the MP3s, are also a list of the instruments used, tunnigs, history of the band (like what instruments are in the mariachi band, Banda, Norteņo, the diferent cumbia types, etc.), even tips how to use GM instrument sounds to emulate vihuela, Guitarron, Bajo sexto, etc....I did use in the 90's a ROland RA95 with my Electone EL90, it was a great match, but when I wanted to upgrade my RA.....I found the VA7....that became a Solton/Ketron X1 and later added an SD1.

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online