SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#216960 - 10/26/05 09:25 AM OT - Southbeachers
Tom Cavanaugh Offline

Loc: Muskegon, MI
My doctor thinks I should shed a few (many few) pounds. How have all you Southbeachers fared. Is the weight still off? How much suffering is involved with this diet? What is the verdict now that some time has passed?

Tom

Tom

#216961 - 10/26/05 09:29 AM Re: OT - Southbeachers
Dnj Offline

http://southbeachdietguide.com/forums/index.php

Tom I lost 100 lbs in 1 yr......its easy if your commited to a lifestyle change of the way you currently eat.......check it out

good luck

#216962 - 10/26/05 09:54 AM Re: OT - Southbeachers
Stephenm52 Offline

Loc: USA
Tom:

I've been on many diets( never on Southbeach)in my 53 years, I always had a weight problem. I've been on Atkins, Pritikin, Calorie counting. High complex carb(low fat), even overeaters anonymous. I did lose weight on all of them and also put it back on. The key as Donny said
Quote:
its easy if your commited to a lifestyle change of the way you currently eat.

What has worked for me is Weight Watchers only because you can eat anything you want as long as you stay within a range of point values of food. That's not to say you chow down on lots of food. Excercise plays a key role in keeping it off as well. Good Luck.

[This message has been edited by Stephenm52 (edited 10-26-2005).]

#216963 - 10/26/05 10:30 AM Re: OT - Southbeachers
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Tom,
Oddly enough Susan and I started South Beach yesterday. As you may recall, I lost 50 pounds on Atkins a couple of years ago. It was easy and I enjoyed the change in eating style.
Almost two years ago, my mother and step-father moved in with me, and last Sept. Susan became ill. To be brief, none of them could or would eat as I did, so I slowly fell into bad habits and gained about half the weight back.
Now Susan has finished her Chemo, my mother has passed away and Ralph has moved to Illinois to be with his "real" kids, so it is time to get trim and slim again.
I think I like the choices on South Beach a little better than Atkins, although they are quite similar. After you lose the weight you want, the Maintenace part allows you many great choices.
Good luck. I'll bet you a Crawfish Dinner I lose more than you! No fries of course.
DonM

#216964 - 10/26/05 11:58 AM Re: OT - Southbeachers
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
There is another program that will eliminate on an average 40 pounds..It only takes a couple hours and is not effected by diet...The only drawback...you will have to hop around on one leg!!

#216965 - 10/26/05 12:56 PM Re: OT - Southbeachers
Tom Cavanaugh Offline

Loc: Muskegon, MI
Don,

You KNOW we call those things bait up here.

Fran, Don is interested, tell him more.

Tom

[This message has been edited by Tom Cavanaugh (edited 10-26-2005).]

Tom

#216966 - 10/26/05 01:52 PM Re: OT - Southbeachers
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
I lost 50 pounds in 5 months, and over the past 7 months I've gained back 5 pounds. Consequently, I went back on phase 2 of the South Beach program Monday and lost 1 of the pounds already. It's a great program, just as many of them are. The key to success is to buy the book, then follow the book's day by day recipes and the pounds will melt away.

The other thing that this particular program provides is a heart-healthy approach. My good cholestoral is the best it has been in more than a decade, triglicerides better than any time in my life, blood pressure averages 110/65 with a resting pulse rate of 65. Gettin' oogled by you girls is kinda neat too, but the room has to be very dimly lit and they have to be on the other side of the room.

Cheers,

Gary

------------------
Travlin' Easy

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#216967 - 10/26/05 02:09 PM Re: OT - Southbeachers
Caragabal Offline

Loc: Hobart Tasmania Australia
Gary, I understand what your saying.
One day I caught the eye of a lady and all went well untill I politely took my cap off.
You should have seen her face fall.

Cousin Ken

#216968 - 10/26/05 02:12 PM Re: OT - Southbeachers
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Just last night this good-lookin' woman walked into the club. She caught my eye right away. She walked all the way across the room, directly up to me, and told me she didn't want to dance with me.
DonM

#216969 - 10/26/05 03:50 PM Re: OT - Southbeachers
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
Best diet for most men:

If it tastes good, SPIT IT OUT.

chas

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online