SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#134877 - 09/30/05 10:59 PM Complete Tyros 2 specs. prices and new demo's
Dreamer Offline

Loc: Rome - Italy
For those interested, you can find the official Tyros 2 specs (including a PDF file), plus new demo's and prices at this site:
You have to register first, but in return you will know all the truth and nothing else but the truth about the new Tyros 2.
Are you ready for this?

#134878 - 10/01/05 02:06 AM Re: Complete Tyros 2 specs. prices and new demo's
KFingers Offline

Loc: Brighton - UK
Thanks for the link Andrea

If you go to the radio broadcast there is a good demo from Glynn Madden using Classical Organ, Choir and S.Art Strings.

KF

#134879 - 10/01/05 09:53 AM Re: Complete Tyros 2 specs. prices and new demo's
SD_FAN Offline

Loc: São Paulo, SP / Brazil
OI Andrea.

Thanks for the link.
Amazing demos and a lot o informations !!!

Unhappily, Yamaha Brasil only imported Tyros when it had a reasonable quantity ordered in the stores. I think it´s going to be in the same way with Tyros2.

But certainly, I´m going to be one of the buyers.

Um grande abraço.
Armando

[This message has been edited by SD_FAN (edited 10-01-2005).]

#134880 - 10/01/05 10:01 AM Re: Complete Tyros 2 specs. prices and new demo's
Dreamer Offline

Loc: Rome - Italy
Keith,
thanks for the info re. the radio broadcast: maybe the most amazing demo of all!

Armando,
sou feliz que voçè gostou do link; eu tambem vou comprar um!

#134881 - 10/01/05 11:34 AM Re: Complete Tyros 2 specs. prices and new demo's
DerfMuisc Offline

Loc: rohnert park, california, usa
Dreamer. . .

Thanks for the link. . .very impressive. So now that the official specs are available, why aren't we getting the analysis from Synthzone people who know what they're talking about? Let the debate begin. Waiting patiently. And why isn't there anything on Yamaha's site? Waiting for that, too. Most of all waiting for the damn keyboard. DerfM

#134882 - 10/01/05 11:52 AM Re: Complete Tyros 2 specs. prices and new demo's
Dnj Offline

Andrea thanx for the link to TYROS II
it sounds amazing!!! on the radio show also those strings and choir beautiful!....
looks like everyone is tryng to sell their Tyros I & buy a Tyros II...
can you blame them?

#134883 - 10/01/05 11:53 AM Re: Complete Tyros 2 specs. prices and new demo's
nardoni2002 Offline

Loc: malaga, spain
Iv,e been chatting to janetb today(she has a psr3000), she went to see a demo of tyros 2, her words ,WOW,,,no i didn,t play,just enjoyed listening to the incredible quality of sound.

[This message has been edited by nardoni2002 (edited 10-01-2005).]

#134884 - 10/01/05 01:20 PM Re: Complete Tyros 2 specs. prices and new demo's
Eric, B Offline

Loc: Ventura, Ca, USA
Hi Andrea,

thanks for the link.

Eric

#134885 - 10/02/05 04:47 AM Re: Complete Tyros 2 specs. prices and new demo's
VoiceOfSpace Offline

Thanks Andrea for the link! I registered at the site. The site contained much more sound samples than on the German Yamaha site. I also downloaded the PDF specifications and went through them.

Now I have got a very good picture of how the Yamaha Tyros 2 sounds. I'm not at all impressed and I think there is a simple explanation for this: The drums don't sound good, they ruin every single demo sample I've heard! The cymbals are really cheesy, the snare drum is very flat and overall the drums lack energy and natural velocity response. IMO they sound really cheap. The only drum kit that seemed somewhat non-cheesy was the Power Kit with super articulation, which was not available on the sites anymore. Since a good drum sound is the most important element in a professional keyboard, I think the Korg PA1X really beats this beast! I listened to the demo samples of the Korg PA1X and the drums were twice as good, the bass was better too. This in turn made the songs more professional sounding than in the Tyros 2 even though some sounds have a lower realism. So for recording I think the Korg PA1X is really much more useful. I think clean synth sounds is better than realisic cheese.

I didn't find any acoustic piano demo samples, but in the main demo I heard it and it was about the same quality as in the Tyros 1, in other words not very good. Not any digital outputs either...

For me it seems like a 25% chance I will buy the Yamaha Tyros 2.

I think it's time for me now to start exploring the sound of virtual instruments and synths a bit more...

[This message has been edited by VoiceOfSpace (edited 10-02-2005).]

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online