SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#194494 - 09/21/05 05:53 AM A Fiddle More Real Than A Real Fiddle?
Frank L. Rosenthal Offline

Here is an example of a fiddle that could change DonM's life forever - double his fun and his pay....
http://www.garritan.com/Strad/OrangeBlossomSpecial.mp3

He will no longer need his keyboards, modules and anything else he uses to make music. Just needs one of those controller keyboards which hang from his neck and a laptop. Amazing.

I can't get over it!!!

[This message has been edited by Frank L. Rosenthal (edited 09-21-2005).]

#194495 - 09/21/05 06:44 AM Re: A Fiddle More Real Than A Real Fiddle?
Tomcat Offline

Loc: Ft Collins Colorado, USA
Well not only is it a great sound but the last post on price that Gary made was that he HOPED to get it out at about $199!!!!!! which I think is a GREAT price for that quality of sound. It's a Stradivarius btw, which amazed some people.

There will eventually be more solo instruments done using this new sampling technology and I can hardly wait.

Also, in case you missed it, the Jazz & Big Band Ensemble is now open for pre-order and will ship sometime in october. It's priced at $259.

Tom

------------------
Bigger is not always better

#194496 - 09/21/05 01:46 PM Re: A Fiddle More Real Than A Real Fiddle?
Frank L. Rosenthal Offline

Tom, I agree with you. These instruments are high on the food chain....likely better than anything Yamaha can put together with its mega voices....my opinion.

I have acquired GPO and Colossus and plan on getting Garritan's Jazz & Big Band library.

This is kind of an interesting trend in that these libraries are relatively small in terms of byte size but sound very good indeed. To get the full features out of such sounds you need to do alot of key switching/button pushing to change articulations as you play. It is a nice alternative to what is out there.

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online