SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#213650 - 09/06/05 01:34 PM Tyros2 Clean Guitar Demo deceptive?
Eric, B Offline

Loc: Ventura, Ca, USA
Hi Gang,

not to spoil the T2 party too much (I myself want one ) but I want to give you guys something to think about:

First I listened to the new demo comparision of the T2 vs the T1: http://www.yamaha-tyros.de/tyros2preview.php

Impressive indeed.
But I found something wrong with the first sound.

Then I listen to the comparison T1 vs 9000 http://www.yamaha.com/yamahavgn/Multimedia/KeyboardsDMI/Flash/Tyros/Tyros.htm
( Click on sounds )

In my opinion both first guitars in the comparison sound extremly similar just like the 9000.
Then if you listen to both second guitars, the difference is not that big anymore.

What do you guys think?

Eric

#213651 - 09/06/05 04:06 PM Re: Tyros2 Clean Guitar Demo deceptive?
spalding Offline

Loc: Birmingham
you are quite right Eric B. Its an old marketing trick and Yamaha did the same when comparing the psr9000 to the tyros. They showed the old keyboard sound with no effect and then the new keyboard with the same sound but with lots of effects. Its not really that surprising.

#213652 - 09/06/05 04:26 PM Re: Tyros2 Clean Guitar Demo deceptive?
Scott Langholff Offline

Loc: Pensacola, Florida, USA
I think there will be more to hear and learn as we go, but so far I think they have taken the old sounds (all of them, not just guitar) and added effects to give the illusion of more depth. That and other things that change the inflection of the instrument. Other than that, so far it sounds like the old sounds re-vamped. But then again, as more demos are released and we get a chance to try it, then that will be the real acid test. So far I see no reason to trade up. I'll remain open minded and am all ears.

Best
Scott Langholff

#213653 - 09/06/05 07:56 PM Re: Tyros2 Clean Guitar Demo deceptive?
TwoNuts Offline

Loc: Vancouver, Washington. USA
Ya know, I tried to make this point not to long ago about the Tyros. Some believe that it is vastly superior to the 9000. To that I say Hog-Wash. I concede it has a nice screen and colorful buttons. But the reason that we generaly by a keyboard for is the sound it can generate. I found that the Tyros didn't offer sound improvments that justified the cost to purchase a new Tyros keyboard. I hesitate to get overly excited about this new Tyros, but am more incline to believe that it could be better. But as they say "The proof's in the puttin" putting this thing in the hands of people who already have 9000's and Tyros keyboards. I look forward to trying one out and really seeing if the playable Mega Voices are all that and a bag of chips!

Regards,

Dennis L. Almond

Dennis L. Almond
aka...TwoNuts

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online