SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#141030 - 08/18/05 10:56 AM Another Bose topic
mikeathome1 Offline

Loc: Syracuse NY
I got my Bose today and set it up. I have a three bedroom ranch house I set up in the third bedroom, the small one about 10x10.
the PAS is bigger than I thought and I was having second thoughts about it.
I set it up as per Gary's instructions with the tyros. It almost took my head off,loud,clear,clean not an unwanted sound anywhere.
I'm still having second thoughts, way to much for this room, I don't know if I'll ever gig with it, I used to work alot, now I'm just having fun.
Now the strange part, I left a song playing on the Tyros and went to the kitchen, which is two rooms and how many walls and doorways away and......it sounded the same!!!
The sound,crystal clear highs,loud, chest thumping bass, sounded exactly the same it followed me around the corners and down the hall and didn't degrade. So I tried it again at a softer level, softer song. Same thing
Is that possible? Am I nuts?

By the way, I love this thing its a keeper.
------------------
qqqwq@hotmail.com

[This message has been edited by mikeathome1 (edited 08-18-2005).]

#141031 - 08/18/05 11:20 AM Re: Another Bose topic
Bernie9 Online   content

Loc: Port Charlotte,FL,USA
Hi Mikeathome
Congrats on the new system. I have had mine for three months now, and never had any misgivings.

My studio is about 10x12 and I have observed the same clear sound throughout the house and different venues I play at. The one difference is that the Bose seems to want more space. In otherwords, the bass is never boomy,but evens out in larger spaces. The vovals,also, are more natural and less bassy.
Of course ,you can eq on the remote, but it is just an observation. This to me is a positive,and backs up what other users are saying about the sound carrying at about the same level for long distances.
EnjoyBernie

#141032 - 08/18/05 01:02 PM Re: Another Bose topic
Dnj Offline

Mike ...
Congrats, you made a wise choice with the PAS....I also have exstensivly auditioned it and after trying every possible gig situation in my situation I can truly say I love this thing all around and am very pleased with my purchase.

Enjoy it

#141033 - 08/18/05 01:48 PM Re: Another Bose topic
mikeathome1 Offline

DNJ
you and Gary, but especially you, endorsing this convinced me.
I don't mean to disrespect anyone else who raves about them, but You had the best stereo verses mono argument so when you went "BOSE" there was no choice.

#141034 - 08/18/05 06:11 PM Re: Another Bose topic
travlin'easy Online   happy

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Mike,

Just got home from a very long day (18 hours) on the waters of Chesapeake Bay. Sounds like you're gonna' have lots of fun with your new Bose PAS. Like I said at the onset--you're gonna' love what you hear!

Gary

------------------
Travlin' Easy

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#141035 - 08/18/05 08:04 PM Re: Another Bose topic
mikeathome1 Offline

We should get paid for the glowing endorsments coming from this forum.

#141036 - 08/18/05 08:20 PM Re: Another Bose topic
SemiLiveMusic Offline

Loc: Louisiana, USA
I hate you all.

#141037 - 08/18/05 09:50 PM Re: Another Bose topic
Dnj Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by mikeathome1:
DNJ
you and Gary, but especially you, endorsing this convinced me.
I don't mean to disrespect anyone else who raves about them, but You had the best stereo verses mono argument so when you went "BOSE" there was no choice.

I was hesitant in the begining but Uncle dave convinced me about the stereo issue combined with playing it and I was sold...simply put IMO IT SOUNDS GREAT!

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online