SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#128233 - 07/29/05 05:37 AM Captain Russ
Tom Cavanaugh Offline

Loc: Muskegon, MI
Did I miss your report from summer NAMM?

Tom

Tom

#128234 - 07/29/05 07:15 AM Re: Captain Russ
captain Russ Offline

Loc: Lexington, Ky, USA
Tom, I'm sorry, but instead of starting a new thread, I posted a short review as a response to the original post.

You can check that out. Basically, the summer show was a disapointment. Yamaha, previously one of the major players with multiple booths, wasn't there at all...no keyboards, guitars, drums...nothing!

Gibson wasn't there, and some of the major drum and boutique amplifier and stringed instrument builders also took a pass.

Casio was there with three or 4 pianos. The Hammond booth was interesting, because they had several dynamite demonstrators, who also played Friday and Saturday night at a local venue.

St. Louis Music had Bootsy Collins and Victor Wooten demonstrating Ampeg, which was a delight.

Sorry I couldn't find out anything about the Tyros II..Yamaha just didn't participate.

I think that some major manufacturers are waiting to see how things shake out in Indianapolis.

Not a waste of time for me, since I took my grandson and was working a booth with one of my clients, but quite boring.

Roland was there, with the G-70, but the one guy who was demonstrating it was either busy
or demonstraiting a new organ the two or three times I went by.

Sorry I couldn't get the info you needed.

Regards,

Russ

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online