SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#155235 - 07/22/05 07:31 AM Hi all... New kid in the block!!
bomba6 Offline

Loc: Israel
Hi there…
My name is Guy, I'm 19 years old from Israel.
I was registered here before the forum crashed, and I wrote a msg or two, but since, I'm only reading your msgs.
(I want to apologize in advanced for my English).

I think this is one of the best forums I have ever seen (-:

I'm an (proud) owner of a PSR-630.
Yeah, Yeah, it is old, but I love it… Everyday I discover new things I didn't know of..

Well, today I went to our local music store, to look around…
And I saw: 1500 and 3000.
Goooooood, it was like a dream come true, after just seeing and hearing those on the net!!

I played the 1500 and 3000 side-by-side, and you can't even compare! I mean, the 3k kicks the 1500's ass! The piano of the 3k (with factory settings, both) is amazing!! The 1500 sounds dull…Styles are more or less the same…

In Israel we've got some taxes problems… When you import something, you pay A LOT of VAT.. even in stores, not personal import…
(for the record: if we want to buy a car, we pay the car's price + almost 100% car's price as VAT… this is crazy!!)

So, the price at the store was about 10,000 NIS, which are 2195 USD. I know that the 3k costs 1500$ at the US, so it is quite expensive… but as I said before: taxes!
I got a great deal in trade-in with my 630.. he is willing to sell the 3k to me at 8400 NIS which are about 1840$.. it is like 355$ for my 7 years old 630!! This is awesome price!!!

This is IMO the best price you can get here in Israel for that KB.
Honestly, with all the taxes I suspected a price of at least 2600 USD…

All I need now is money (-: ha ha…..

[And I wanted so much playing the Tyros, but he just sold the last one )-: ]

Hmmm… a question: The guy in the store told me that the 3k has a special AC adapter that costs 85$, sold separately… why?? Is this because the different voltage in Israel?

Thanks for reading this, have a lovely weekend,
Guy.

#155236 - 07/22/05 08:20 AM Re: Hi all... New kid in the block!!
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Guy ..... welcome ... and best of luck in your quest ...
t.

#155237 - 07/22/05 08:32 AM Re: Hi all... New kid in the block!!
loungelyzard Offline

Loc: North Eastern Calif.
Guy:

Big welcome,hope you get the 3000 its a great come/up from the 630......Pose

#155238 - 07/22/05 08:50 AM Re: Hi all... New kid in the block!!
Starkeeper Offline

Loc: Toronto
Quote:
Originally posted by bomba6:

Hmmm… a question: The guy in the store told me that the 3k has a special AC adapter that costs 85$, sold separately… why?? Is this because the different voltage in Israel?

Guy.

I thought that the adapter is included in the price for PSR1500/3000 her is Canada. Isn't this the case in the U.S. as well?
Starkeeper

P.S. Welcome to the forum Guy.

#155239 - 07/22/05 08:51 AM Re: Hi all... New kid in the block!!
John_CA Offline

Loc: Kern county, CA, USA
Hi Guy,

Welcome and enjoy it here.

As far as the adapter goes, it's in the box here in the U.S. and I know it is in Europe also, but there might be countries where it isn't although it makes no sense selling an item in a way that you can't even play it since the PSR 1500/3000 doesn't have a space for batteries like for instance the Casio's.

If you ever buy one, make sure you get a closed box. If the box been opened, chances are they first took the adapter out and then sell it seperately (a not uncommon thing on Ebay for instance).

Anyway, it is NOT a special adapter since the adapter works between 110v and 240v.

Greetings,
John

#155240 - 07/22/05 09:03 AM Re: Hi all... New kid in the block!!
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Guy,

Welcome back. You're going to love the new 3000 and I hope you are able to buy it soon.

Cheers,

Gary

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#155241 - 07/22/05 09:11 AM Re: Hi all... New kid in the block!!
bomba6 Offline

Thank you all very much!! (-:

John:
Quote:
Anyway, it is NOT a special adapter since the adapter works between 110v and 240v.

hmmm... this is interesting...
I'll have to check this out next time I'll be there...
The adapters in Israel are build differently than the US, I'm sure at that... maybe they replace that (and not because the voltage).. but to charge 85$??

We'll see.

Thanks all again!

#155242 - 07/22/05 09:32 AM Re: Hi all... New kid in the block!!
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Guy, first of all, a great BIG welcome to you for now officially becoming a certified 'message posting' member of our arranger keyboard forum. I hope this encourages others of you who have been simply lurking in the wings to finally join in and begin posting as well.

Quote:
Originally posted by bomba6:
I was registered here before the forum crashed

Let's see. I'm trying to remember how long ago it's been since that crash now. Can anyone refresh my memory.

Guy, I must admit that 100% is an astronomical import tax rate you guys have to pay in Israel. I wonder what all that money goes to. . . terror prevention? I most certainly have a lot more understanding of the kind of terrorist attack threats you guys in Israel have had to live with for years now, especially now after 9/11, the attacks in Spain, and now London. It's funny how it takes terrorism to hit the homefront before it totally opens your eyes.

On another note, curious what your user name: bomba6 stands for.

In regards to the AC adapter not included with the PSR3000 keyboard in your Country, I've read reported incidents of this happening in the US as well, and suspect this may be a tactic (removing the AC adapters from the box) used by unscruptulous music stores in order to rip off customers. As far as I know, Yamaha ships an AC adapter with their PSR3000 keyboards. Perhaps Steve Deming of Yamaha USA can chime in here.

Scott

------------------
http://scottyee.com

#155243 - 07/22/05 12:13 PM Re: Hi all... New kid in the block!!
bomba6 Offline

Quote:
On another note, curious what your user name: bomba6 stands for.

You wrote that just after the paragraph about the terror attacks, so, the word "BOMB" in the nick has nothing to do with that...
The word "BOMBA" in Hebrew means 'something huge', and I owned a "huge" website few years ago...

Quote:
I wonder what all that money goes to. . . terror prevention?

I wish!! We are paying for the cars of the members of the 'Knesset' (out parlament)... to many corruptions here in Israel.

Quote:
and suspect this may be a tactic (removing the AC adapters from the box) used by unscruptulous music stores in order to rip off customers.

I don't really believe, because this store is the official repository of Yamaha in Israel, but anything could happen here in Israel

#155244 - 07/22/05 12:15 PM Re: Hi all... New kid in the block!!
Riceroni9 Offline

Loc: TX, USA
Guy:

Welcome! Glad to hear about your desire to upgrade to another Yamaha Keyboard. Have you considered buying a used one? (How are trades or transactions between individuals handled taxwise in Israel?) Hope to see your messages here often.

RICE (The Lone Arranger) (PSR-2000)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online