#177007 - 07/11/05 08:34 AM New pa1x/pa1xpro demo's on my site
notlos Offline

Loc: Belgium
Hello SZ-friends,

I have made some new demo's on the korg pa1x-pro. made with "vocoder" function,
chord "expert" function,etc..
see on my site www.notlos.com and go to the
notlos-education link.
Note: All mp3's are recorded on the pa1xpro with the optional mp3 board!!!
Regards,
notlos
www.notlos.com

------------------

[This message has been edited by notlos (edited 07-11-2005).]

#177008 - 07/11/05 12:28 PM Re: New pa1x/pa1xpro demo's on my site
Dreamer Offline

Loc: Rome - Italy
Dirk,
I am listening right now to your songs; my favorites are easily "Laura", "Raindrops" and especially "Blues". "One note samba", on the other hand, is interesting as an idea (the use of the vocoder), but sounds less good, maybe because the style does not sound as authentic as the ones you used in "Blues" or "Raindrops".
Speaking of "Raindrops", I loved your arrangement a la George Shearing; the style is also very good (our friend Scott Yee should really consider this keyboard, given his love for jazz styles ).
Speaking now of the two Gerswhin tunes, my favorite is the orchestral one, because I really don't like the acoustic piano sound of the PA1 X pro; by the way, the final part, that starts at 41 sec, is much better than the first one.
All in all, I would say that you are having a lot of fun in your home studio!
Keep up the good work! "Blues" is really awesome!
Andrea

#177009 - 07/11/05 02:46 PM Re: New pa1x/pa1xpro demo's on my site
ChicoBrasil Offline

Loc: Belo Horizonte,Minas Gerais,Br...
Hello Dirk

My congrats from Brasil.
Your performance is a trade mark.
I loved all songs specially the new fashion to "one note samba" with vocoder (nice idea) and drums that shows a present tendency of new brasilian bossa players (Bossa Cucanova, for example).
I think that your bigger merit is the cleanness and subtlety of arrangements.
I am working in my CD with my own songs, recording with Psr3000, Korg PA50 and Roland Alpha 1 (Brasilian model).
Can the PA50 record rootless chords ?

Cheers
Chico

[This message has been edited by ChicoBrasil (edited 07-11-2005).]

#177010 - 07/11/05 03:13 PM Re: New pa1x/pa1xpro demo's on my site
Route 66 Offline

Loc: Braganca, Portugal
Hi Dirk.
I'm with Chico in this one: loved your original rendition of One Note Samba. Delicious! The jazz and bossanova styles in the PA1X are excellent. However the transitions between the different parts could be more natural. Thanks for sharing! -- José.

#177011 - 07/11/05 03:35 PM Re: New pa1x/pa1xpro demo's on my site
notlos Offline

Hi route 66,
I have the piano part reduced in some jazz-styles for this demo to let you hear the "roothless" voice played on the left side of the keyboard. That's the way you hear in some intro's and endings another balance of the style.

Thanks to dreamer and Chico for the comments on my demo's !!!

Chico: I don't think that the korg pa-50 has the "expert" mode for "roothless" chord.

Warm Belgian greetings,
Notlos

------------------

[This message has been edited by notlos (edited 07-11-2005).]

#177012 - 07/12/05 12:31 AM Re: New pa1x/pa1xpro demo's on my site
Carrie-uk Offline

Loc: England
Well done Notlos! This is some of the best playing I've heard on this forum, especially your lovely jazz improvs.

The other night I downloaded all the various styles converted to Yammy format for my PSR-3000. I must admit I like the Korg PA80 styles the best, especially the OTS's.

Can anyone tell me if there are any PA1x styles available which have been converted to Yammy format?

Thanks,

Carrie

#177013 - 07/12/05 03:01 AM Re: New pa1x/pa1xpro demo's on my site
silva Offline

Loc: Lisbon, Portugal
Hi, notlos
Your performance is superior. It seems that the band is in front of you. EXCELLENT.
Abraços de Lisboa
Franky

[This message has been edited by silva (edited 07-12-2005).]

#177014 - 07/12/05 11:41 AM Re: New pa1x/pa1xpro demo's on my site
Daddy JJ Offline

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Carrie-uk:
[ This is some of the best playing I've heard on this forum,

Yes,yes and yes.....
Dirk is one of my good friends and believe me he is a fabulous musician....Hey Dirk I like especially the chords in Laura.... Do you see what I mean..Londonnery Air (or Danny Boy) is one of my fav's and I love the chords progression here...Good job..
Sorry guys, here a (short) private message in Flemish : Vergeet niet dat ik volgende week in uw winkel zal komen...
Have a good day
Daddy_JJ

#177015 - 07/12/05 04:01 PM Re: New pa1x/pa1xpro demo's on my site
spalding Offline

Loc: Birmingham
Excellent excellent excellent Notlos!!!! Iwas already sold on the PA1X but boy !!! you do one hell of a great sales job!

#177016 - 07/15/05 04:16 AM Re: New pa1x/pa1xpro demo's on my site
notlos Offline

Thanks for your reply's to everyone.

To daddy jj: Ik zie je volgende week wel in de winkel groetjes.

Regards,

Notlos

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online