SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#140171 - 07/07/05 07:39 AM asking for the "easy eight" Roland styles
Artaher Offline

Loc: Madrid, Spain
After years with Roland E-36, finally I bought a EM-2000.
I am very pleased with it, but I miss some styles from my old E-36.
I have get E-35 styles (all E-35 styles were in E-36), but I can’t find the eight styles E-36 had more: bank 8, named "EASY EIGHT" in the E-36. These are simple styles, named:
swing2,8beat3,16beat3,disco3,waltz4,2beat,latinbeat and slrock2.
These eight styles were also in the Roland E-30 and perhaps in E-56. They were also available as a music style card (TN-SC1-10). They aren’t in more Roland kbs, and weren’t on disks available for purchase.
To buy an used TN-SC1-10 card is not the way to go, because my EM-2000 can’t read these old cards. So, the only possibility is if anyone of synthzone members have these eight styles, and may send them to me (specially interested in waltz4).
Thanks for your help

#140172 - 07/07/05 09:10 AM Re: asking for the "easy eight" Roland styles
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
I have the Easy 8 card ,,I can't save the styles, and don't know if I have them individually from my library..I can play them from my CA30 and record the data as a SMF,for raw data , then you would need to make your styles..Is this something you would want to do?

#140173 - 07/07/05 09:50 AM Re: asking for the "easy eight" Roland styles
Artaher Offline

Fran,
thanks for your answer.
Obviously, it would be better if you (or someone) have these styles individually, specially waltz4.
If you haven't them, you may send me only this one (waltz4) as a SMF or a song, and then I'll try to convert it to a style. I never have done it, but... A friend have EMC Style works, this program may convert a song to a style, so perhaps he may do it too.

#140174 - 07/07/05 06:14 PM Re: asking for the "easy eight" Roland styles
zuki Offline

Fran,
You're amazing...you have everything
zuki

Studio: Korg PA4X/Yamaha DGX670/Boss BR900CD/Tascam DP24SD/MTM Iloud/Sony C80/AGK 214/K&M stand

#140175 - 07/08/05 03:42 PM Re: asking for the "easy eight" Roland styles
rikkisbears Offline

Loc: NSW,Australia
Hi Arther,
I have a heap of old Roland styles from my early Roland keyboards. Not sure if any of the ones you want are the same as the versions I've got, but I do have a
waltz4
listed on an old disk. Just depends whether the disk is still ok. I lost a lot of my styles when I stored them.
email me at
rikkisbears@hotmail.com
and list any others you're after. Unfortunately I have no way of testing them.
The style seems to date back to 1993 so it is
an oldie. Can't remember which of my rolands it came from.
best wishes
Rikki

Quote:
Originally posted by Artaher:
After years with Roland E-36, finally I bought a EM-2000.
I am very pleased with it, but I miss some styles from my old E-36.
I have get E-35 styles (all E-35 styles were in E-36), but I can’t find the eight styles E-36 had more: bank 8, named "EASY EIGHT" in the E-36. These are simple styles, named:
swing2,8beat3,16beat3,disco3,waltz4,2beat,latinbeat and slrock2.
These eight styles were also in the Roland E-30 and perhaps in E-56. They were also available as a music style card (TN-SC1-10). They aren’t in more Roland kbs, and weren’t on disks available for purchase.
To buy an used TN-SC1-10 card is not the way to go, because my EM-2000 can’t read these old cards. So, the only possibility is if anyone of synthzone members have these eight styles, and may send them to me (specially interested in waltz4).
Thanks for your help

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#140176 - 07/08/05 04:21 PM Re: asking for the "easy eight" Roland styles
Artaher Offline

Thanks, Rikki.
Yes, I ask for these eight styles I put.
This waltz4 was very simple, but very stimulant and dynamic. It had six notes into each measure (two eighths in each beat), when usually 3/4 styles are more simple ones, with only three notes (three quarters) into each measure: the usual classic waltz.
If you have it and some other of these eight easy styles, or some good 3/4 styles (why 95 % of all styles are 4/4 and there are so few 3/4 styles?), I will be thankful if you may send them to me (my mail is Artaher@hotmail.com).
Thanks a lot for your nice post.
Art

[This message has been edited by Artaher (edited 07-09-2005).]

#140177 - 07/08/05 05:12 PM Re: asking for the "easy eight" Roland styles
rikkisbears Offline

Hi Artaher,
I couldn't find all 8 with those particular names ( some must have been destroyed when I stored my disks). Could you let me know if you received them, and if they are the correct ones. I no longer have a roland keyboard so I couldn't test them. If they didn't come thru, I'll try resending them via my husbands email address. Hopefully they're the right one's, as trying to create them from a midifile is a lot of work. I sent you some extra old waltz styles. Does your keyboard read VA7 styles as I may have saved them to my va7 at some stage?
best wishes
Rikki

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Artaher:
[b]

[This message has been edited by rikkisbears (edited 07-08-2005).]

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#140178 - 07/09/05 07:29 AM Re: asking for the "easy eight" Roland styles
Artaher Offline

Yes, Rikki, I received them, and all of them play fine into my EM-2000.
Your waltz4 is not the waltz4 style from the "easy eight" that I am asking for. Probably, your waltz styles (as other ones I have) are renamed, because my keyboard display a difference between "style name" and "file name".
About VA styles, I have them, and they play fine into my EM-2000.
I have G-70 styles too; my keyboard can load and play them certainly, but... some sounds do not sound well: some changes or tweaking is to do.
Thanks for your styles.
Best wishes
Art

#140179 - 07/09/05 03:01 PM Re: asking for the "easy eight" Roland styles
rikkisbears Offline

Hi Art,
that's a pity. Sorry to hear it wasn't the right one.

best wishes
Rikki
Quote:
Originally posted by Artaher:
Yes, Rikki, I received them, and all of them play fine into my EM-2000.
Your waltz4 is not the waltz4 style from the "easy eight" that I am asking for. Probably, your waltz styles (as other ones I have) are renamed, because my keyboard display a difference between "style name" and "file name".
About VA styles, I have them, and they play fine into my EM-2000.
I have G-70 styles too; my keyboard can load and play them certainly, but... some sounds do not sound well: some changes or tweaking is to do.
Thanks for your styles.
Best wishes
Art

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online