SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#185021 - 06/22/05 08:38 AM Meet TYROS 2!
keybplayer Offline

Loc: CA
TYROS 2

I'm not sure Yammie can use the name "Tyros 2" for their upcoming Flagship Arranger. There may be possible copyright infringements involved. As in the name is already used by another company.

Just another reason that Tyros 2 pic floating around the internet may have been bogus. And just another reason Yamaha may have told Forum administrators to yank it from their sites; even in one (known) case with threat of litigation.

...There has not been a peep from Yammie about this new Flagship Arranger. Not a peep. Not even a little chirp... As in a little birdie told me.

Which is no surprise really seeing they may have wanted to distance themselves from the controversy surrounding those pics and have gone behind the scenes with a hush hush out of sight, out of mind mentality.

Or possibly they took my advice and are busy revising the structural design and decided to add a 76 key version. They're so busy, possibly there's no time to "allow" any press leaks about it to the public. Like they did with the Motif ES Rackmount.

Which suits me fine. As long as they change the design (if those pics were actually legit ), and they add a 76 key version. They can be as mum about it as they want.

Either way we should know more at this years Summer NAMM session in Indianapolis, IN on the weekend of July 22-24.

Whoa! That's just one month away. My enthusiasm is starting to stir already.

GET READY!

Best regards,
Mike

#185022 - 06/22/05 08:55 AM Re: Meet TYROS 2!
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
WARNING:

"TYROS 2 is to be used only in the dietary management of children and adults with inborn errors of tyrosine metabolism under direct and continuing supervision of a doctor."

[This message has been edited by Scottyee (edited 06-22-2005).]

#185023 - 06/22/05 04:14 PM Re: Meet TYROS 2!
OldNewb Offline

Loc: Shorewood Wi. USA
Would it be infringement if they used roman numerals instead?

------------------
Thanks for listening to,
The old Newb

#185024 - 06/23/05 06:06 AM Re: Meet TYROS 2!
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Scott ... is that something that would be prescribed if you get sick once you see/hear the new TYROS ?!?!?
t.

#185025 - 06/23/05 08:59 AM Re: Meet TYROS 2!
keybplayer Offline

Loc: CA
Quote:
Originally posted by tony mads usa:
Scott ... is that something that would be prescribed if you get sick once you see/hear the new TYROS ?!?!?
t.

I think the Tyros II will sound great if Yamaha follows even remotely the great sounds that are on its brother - (big brother I might add ) the Tyros. Although that may not be the case since the opposite scenario has been reported on the Roland G70 vs. the VA7. Some say Roland has taken a step backwards with the G70 and there is essentially no overall improvement over their former Flagship the VA7. I do think most people are referring to the Styles on the G70 and not necessarily the sounds themselves. Although I have not heard any rave reviews about the sounds on the G70 from either the Web or our own members. Except maybe the Drum Kits. They have been reported to be very good.

So we shall see if the Tyros II is indeed just a "slight" cosmetic change or Yamaha truly produces a gem of an Arranger.

Without a 76 key version a lot of hearts will be disappointed regardless. And Yamaha will lose in my opinion the substantial revenue that a 76 key version could generate. They did it with the Motif/ES series why won't they do it with their Flagship Arrangers??

Nothing ventured, nothing gained as they say.

Btw, I think the copyright thing would be one of trademark infringement. The trademark being the 'name' "Tyros 2" used by a Company; and in this case an established and well recognized company Mead/Johnson.

Just think if someone tried to use the name "Microsoft" for a product. Or even a remote derivative of its name like "MicroShaft" and try to sell it as such. Unfortunately Bill would have none of that. A lawsuit would entail so fast it would make your head swim. The same thing might happen if Yammie uses Tyros 2 for the name of its new Arranger. I don't know if they would want to take the chance.

I think if they use roman numerals though they should be okay, although I could be mistaken about that.

They should just settle it and name it the name I gave it from the start i.e. "Tyros PRO XL". Although they should eliminate the "PRO" if they decide not to make a 76 key version.

Best regards,
Mike

#185026 - 06/25/05 05:34 AM Re: Meet TYROS 2!
technicsplayer Offline

tyros successor (identical to pics) was shown to dealers at Frankfurt last April.

#185027 - 06/25/05 07:35 AM Re: Meet TYROS 2!
Anonymous
Unregistered

Till will now come out the Tyros XXX76, PRO XL/EXPANDED-EXTREME Plus X/HD/MP1....
You have ONLY to continue dreaming and browser with your funny fantasy....
We wait till the Japanese engineers may develope some interesting with all the features that you there are dreaming....
I really will see when..
cheers

[This message has been edited by domenik (edited 06-25-2005).]

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online