SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#127714 - 06/06/05 11:13 AM Skype VoIP and Dialcom
eddiefromrotherham Offline

Loc: Rotherham,England.
Hi All
I have just had a great get together over the internet using Skype and the new Dialcom Video software (both free)
I had a fun session with Scott Yee in Berkeley and Tony Rome in Mexico!
For those who have Skype and have not yet get the video software, go to www.dialcom.com and see the downpload slot for Skype videoing.
At the moment it is not possible to multi-conference with this beta software but watch this space!
From Dialcom's FAQ >>>>"Question10. Can I use it for multi-video conferencing ?

Not at the moment. In the future it will be possible to offer this functionality"...........

I hope that Tony Rome can now get this software, and others so that we can have fun seeing and talking and maybe even playing for each other???
cheers

------------------
Eddie from Rotherham
www.yamahakeyboards.info

#127715 - 06/06/05 11:42 AM Re: Skype VoIP and Dialcom
Tony Rome Offline

Loc: Cozumel Mexico
Eddie....downloading as we speak...."see you
soon" hehehe
Tony Rome

#127716 - 06/06/05 11:49 AM Re: Skype VoIP and Dialcom
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Yep, free Skype + the free Spontania webcam plug-in ROCKS!

Download "Spontania Webcam 4 Skype" plug-in here: http://www.video4skype.com/download.html

Great chatting and checking out your music studio today Eddie.

Scott

#127717 - 06/06/05 12:11 PM Re: Skype VoIP and Dialcom

@Tony
I saw the outside of Scott's window and it looked sunny and warm! Not so here. where is summer? Bet it's hot in Mexico?
@Scott
What you were seeing was my studio which we call "The Office"! Actually, It is our integrated Garage which I converted to an Office/Study about 10 years ago and the car has stood outside on the drive ever since.!
It was good talking to both of my buddies.
cheers

------------------
Eddie from Rotherham
www.yamahakeyboards.info

[This message has been edited by eddiefromrotherham (edited 06-06-2005).]

#127718 - 06/06/05 12:43 PM Re: Skype VoIP and Dialcom
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Update, though Skype Voice chat + video webcam delivers an excellent simultaneous audio + video connection, after attempting to 'hang up' from a call, for whatever reason, after chatting, my PC won't allow me to completely quit the Skype program, requiring me to have to do a manual (hard) computer shut-down + re-boot from scratch. Other times, after ending one Skype + Webcam call and initiating another call, though I'm able to hear what the person on the other end is saying, they can't hear me. I suspect that there may be still a few quirky bugs in this beta version of "Spontania 4 Skype" software that still needs to be worked out, as talking via Skype alone works fine. On the other hand, I heard that Eddie & Tony didn't experience the problem I had after their Skye + Webcam chat. - Scott

#127719 - 06/08/05 07:25 PM Re: Skype VoIP and Dialcom
PraiseTheLord Offline

Loc: N Fort Myers, FL, USA
I've been able to disconnect from Skype, but I have noticed my webcam is still live, which is scary.

I have had to go to the dialcom icon in the toolbar and select Exit, which has turned the cam off.

When you end your call in Skype, it should automatically do this.

Graham

#127720 - 06/09/05 12:08 AM Re: Skype VoIP and Dialcom

Hi Graham,
How do you know your webcam is still live? Does your webcam still show an inset monitor on your screen?
I think that because the Dialcom software is still in its 'beta' form, then any problems should be reported to them.
BTW, would you like to let us know your 'call name'?

------------------
Eddie from Rotherham
www.yamahakeyboards.info

[This message has been edited by eddiefromrotherham (edited 06-09-2005).]

#127721 - 06/09/05 02:22 AM Re: Skype VoIP and Dialcom
Bernie9 Offline

Loc: Port Charlotte,FL,USA
Scott
Did you decide not to use MSN Messenger. I have been offline and have missed the progression of events.
Bernie

#127722 - 06/09/05 08:24 AM Re: Skype VoIP and Dialcom
PraiseTheLord Offline

Loc: N Fort Myers, FL, USA
Hi Eddie

There is a green light on the front of the webcam, so I went down to the toolbar, right mouse clicked on the skype4video icon and selected Exit.

The light went off. I'll see how I can report it to Dialcom.

How are you communicating skype addresses, putting on the profile, emailing each other?. I'd love to share it with you guys, but not to spammers and telesales. I looked for your email to send it to you, but it was not on your profile.

Graham

#127723 - 06/09/05 09:50 AM Re: Skype VoIP and Dialcom

Hi Graham.
I don't have a green light, or any light , on my webcam so I don't know whether it is on or off.
I would guess that although your green light is on, it doesn't necessarily mean that it is internet active ?
As for the exchange of callnames, I do understand that it is perhaps not a good idea to open it up to other than our friends. I tried to add my callname to my signature but it didn't stay there!
The only other way is to use direct mail to each other.In my case, my call name is the same as my username here at SZ.
{I notice now that my skype name has appeared this time on my signature. What the heck, I'm going to leave it there now
cheers)

------------------
Eddie from Rotherham
www.yamahakeyboards.info

[This message has been edited by eddiefromrotherham (edited 06-09-2005).]

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online