SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#135351 - 05/26/05 06:15 PM Logitech Z 5500 Hookup please.....
Tony Rome Offline

Loc: Cozumel Mexico
A while ago, Gary Diamond posted how to set up the Z5500 and I don't rmember where he posted it...I've done a search but nothing
comes up...or does anyone else know how to hook the up to the Tyros.....a big thank you
to all....my users manuel did not make it in the box with the system....
Tony Rome

#135352 - 05/26/05 08:00 PM Re: Logitech Z 5500 Hookup please.....
travlin'easy Online   happy

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Tony,

Just got back from tonight's gig.

An addapter cable comes with the 5500 that has a pair of RCA plugs on one end, and a 1/8-inch stereo plug on the other. Plug the 1/8-inch plug into the remote reciver where you see the musical note icon. At the other end, you'll need to buy a pair of RCA to 1/4-inch male, mono addapter plugs. I got mine at Radio Shack, but I'm not sure where to tell you to get them in Cozumel. This will plug into the standard, stereo output of the keyboard (left & right out).

Now, on the back of the remote reciever you'll find a small switch. Place the switch in the full up position (6 Ch. Direct).

After plugging in all the appropriate speakers and hooking up the remote, turn on the main power, then turn on the secondary power with the remote control. Using the effects button, select Prologic II Music. This will provide power to all the speakers, including the center and sub.

The speaker volumes can be adjusted independently, which is a neat feature. Turn the sub down to about 20 to 25 percent. Now turn up the volume of the front, rear and center speakers to maximum.

Using the remote control, press the TEST button and allow the system to test itself. It will send a white noise signal through the front pair, rear pair, center, then the sub. Press TEST again to stop the process.

Now you're ready to play music. The best suggestion is to fire up a midi file, then walk around the room and set the volumes until everything sounds OK to you. Keep in mind, however, that you do not have an EQ with the system, therefore, your EQ control will be done using the keyboard's onboard EQ via the keyboard's mixing panel.

Hope this helps, but if not, I guess I'll just have to fly to Cozumel and set it up for you. It's a rotten job, but I'll make the sacrifice.

Gary

[This message has been edited by travlin'easy (edited 05-26-2005).]

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#135353 - 05/27/05 07:04 AM Re: Logitech Z 5500 Hookup please.....
Tony Rome Offline

Gary...Thanks....I look everywhere and could
not find the post you made before....BTW, the
"Green Banana Margarita's" are on me when you get here....hehehe

#135354 - 05/27/05 07:40 AM Re: Logitech Z 5500 Hookup please.....
Tony Rome Offline

All hooked up and sounding great...awsome...
so much better than the 680's i've been using
Guys....if you haven't tried them, don't knock them......
Tony Rome

#135355 - 05/27/05 03:50 PM Re: Logitech Z 5500 Hookup please.....
Scott Langholff Online   content

Loc: Pensacola, Florida, USA
Hi Tony

Glad to hear you're enjoying your new z5500's.

Could you tell me what settings your using on the Tyros? Probably just the EQ unless you've added something else. I'm still looking to find a sound I like.

Thanx

Scott Langholff

#135356 - 05/27/05 03:59 PM Re: Logitech Z 5500 Hookup please.....

Tony,

Just got home from todays jobs. Glad everything worked out and I know your audiences will love them as well. A word of caution--Don't place the remote reciever on top of the sub. The vibration and magnetic pulses from the speaker will kill the reciever. I now know of two incidences of this.

Cheers,

Gary

#135357 - 05/27/05 04:38 PM Re: Logitech Z 5500 Hookup please.....
Scott Langholff Online   content

Loc: Pensacola, Florida, USA
Hey Gary

What do you think about setting my little Behringer mixer on top of the sub, or a cassette recorder for that matter.

Scott

PS I thought that so far it was just a guess about the sub and the controller. That it could be something else.

#135358 - 05/27/05 05:46 PM Re: Logitech Z 5500 Hookup please.....

Scott,

Subs have a large, permanent magnet, one that can have a detremental effect on anything that is unshielded and prone to electromagnetic force. This includes chips, ICs, hard disk drives, floppy drives and anything else that is prone to damage from EMF. That reciever is very delicate, and just to give you an idea, tap the reciever lightly with your fingers with everything turned on and you'll hear what I'm referring to. Magnify and multiply that impact times several thousand times an hour and that's the effect of having the reciver on top of the sub. Don't make sense to risk your equipment for the sake of convenience.

Gary

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online