SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#219080 - 05/26/05 08:29 PM Key sticking PSR2000
SemiLiveMusic Offline

Loc: Louisiana, USA
I have two keys in my left hand, where I chord, "G" and "A" notes. The G is worse. They just started this tonight, kind of a sticking sensation when I am playing. I can push them down testing them and yep, they kind of 'click' at the bottom but no other keys do this. Anything to do? This might get aggravating.

#219081 - 05/27/05 04:38 AM Re: Key sticking PSR2000
Roel Offline

It looks like the little 'shock dampeners' (silicon- or rubber stuff?) got defective and my advise is to visit the repairshop.

Oh I've seen other 'defects':
Coins that slipped in (they can click)
Sticky sirup (you get this when Coca-Cola dries) that came in and glued the keys in down-position or created a sloooooow moving key.

Roel

#219082 - 05/27/05 05:06 AM Re: Key sticking PSR2000
travlin'easy Online   happy

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
The only person I know that encountered this lives in Richmond, VA and he left his keyboard in his car on a hot, summer day. The heat had deformed the key strip and he had to replace it. The strips sell for about $20 and they're not difficult to replace. The come in one octave lengths and fit in place above the contact strip. Keep in mind that everything in the keyboard must be handled with care, and if you have no electro-mechanical skills this is not a job to undertake. The shops usually charge about $75 plus the cost of parts to do this one.

Good Luck,

Gary

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#219083 - 05/27/05 12:06 PM Re: Key sticking PSR2000
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Bill can fix that in his sleep. Just be sure you are asleep before you try it Bill.
DonM

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online