SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#182845 - 04/13/05 07:59 PM Note/score maker program?
Pennywizz6 Offline

Loc: Shakopee, MN, USA
I had this idea and would like to know if theres a program that already does this. I thought that it would be pretty awesome to hook up your KB via midi or USB and run a program where it identifies the notes your playing, the different lengths of the notes and be able to adjust the tempo and stuff. It would be real nice because i can mess around on my board, make a really cool sounding melody and stuff, but i could never be able to play it again! Is there something out there that does this? A free one?

Thanksm

Phil

#182846 - 04/14/05 11:44 AM Re: Note/score maker program?
Bernie9 Online   content

Loc: Port Charlotte,FL,USA
Hi Phil
I have used this for three years,it's great and simple to use. You can see all midi notes in a score,and you can do some editing. http://www.notation.com/midinotatedownload.htm

Bernie

#182847 - 04/14/05 02:21 PM Re: Note/score maker program?
freddynl Offline

Loc: netherlands
Phil,
Nearly all midi sequencer software is capable of doing this.
I do this since 1995 with cakewalk (now Sonar)
Cakewalk by the way also records all midi sysx, which means sustain,volume variations used, all aftertouch etc...

Apart from the drums I allways record midi in real time playing which keeps the tracks alive and doesn't sound dead.

So it is worthwhile to have all sysx info in the miditrack at once.

I don't know which FREE sequencer software does exactly that.
But it is pretty important for obvious reasons to have all sysx as well.

Fred

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online