SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#90052 - 03/03/05 09:59 AM New PF1000 instead of Tyros2
gravedigger Offline

Loc: Czech rep
Hello guys,
Plenty of words were writen here about what the new Tyros should have. But what about piano like keyboards. My question is: Have anyone of you heard about some new model of weighted keybed Yamaha arranger ? What I'm meaning is something like new PF1000. I must say that if Yamaha launched something like PF1500 with built in vocal harmonizer, USB thumb drive slot, and maybe 76 keys only instead of 88, I would buy it immediately.
Jarda

#90053 - 03/03/05 10:55 AM Re: New PF1000 instead of Tyros2
mdorantes Offline

Loc: Queretaro, Mexico
Hello, the PF1000 is a great arranger with a digital-piano configuration, aldo it was based in the PSR 2000, so is a litte outdated as far goes styles, voices, still a very good value, I sold one last week, and so far, Yamaha has not released a replacement for that unit, I hope they do, is a good instrument and seller.
Other consideration could be the Roland KFseries, like the KF7....is a little different price area, but is an arranger and has an updated technology-features.

#90054 - 03/04/05 07:52 AM Re: New PF1000 instead of Tyros2
George Kaye Offline

Loc: Reseda, California USA
I just started carrying the roland KF7 and I like what it offers. The keyboard looks and is sized like most of the portable "slab" pianos. It's size is like the other Roland RD series pianos. It has built in speakers, 128note polyphony, color screen, vocal harmonizer, 16 track sequencer, floppy disk drive, arranger styles with 4 variations, can convert midi song files into styles, style creation and really great sounds, especially the acoustic piano.
It's price is the same as the Yamaha PF1000 at my store.
George Kaye
Kaye's Music Scene
Reseda, California
(Retired 2021)

#90055 - 03/05/05 01:08 AM Re: New PF1000 instead of Tyros2
Tom NL Offline

Loc: Holland
George,

To my opinion the Roland KF-7 has a (large) monochrome touch screen.

The KF-7 sure looks like a great alternative for a "normal" arranger keyboard. I played it for a while in my local music store and quickly got used to the weighted keys. BTW: it also has internal memory for storage of 100 midi files or your own songs, so that saves a lot of time using floppies.

------------------
Tom NL

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online