SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#166844 - 01/08/05 08:06 PM Casio WK-3500 sample loading (WOW!!!!! Sort of off topic, but really cool!)
squeak_D Offline

Loc: West Virginia
Folks I have to jump in here for a minute and say how cool this feature is on the Casio WK-3500. The ability to load new samples opens up so so so many possibilites. What I did tonight was crazy! Aside from music, one of my other hobbies is playing in model railroad. I have a fairly decent HO scale set up with several engines, crap load of cars, buildings, and a decent track layout with switching. The only thing my layout lacked was (sound). For those who don't know you can buy model trains that have sound systems built in (but damn are they expensive). I bought a cheap Bachmann Oil Tower today with a built in Diesel Horn. Man was that the crappiest Horn I've ever heard. (It's going back first thing Monday morning).

Then it came to me and I couldn't believe I over looked this. All along I had a piece of equipment that was capable of loading samples. So I went on the Net and found a great website with (live)train sounds in WAV format. I downloaded them, converted them to Casio format, loaded them into the board and BAM! I hooked up a desktop PC speaker set with subwoofer to the Casio. Then I placed the two satalites near the track, and the sub off in the distance. Man oh man how cool it sounds. It works because my trains and keyboard are all in one room.

Bottom line, don't underestimate the power of the new Casio WK's. They have great sound, good features, and the ability to load new samples really makes them worth every penny.

Squeak
GEAR: Yamaha MOXF-6, Casio MZX-500, Roland Juno-Di, M-Audio Venom, Roland RS-70, Yamaha PSR S700, M-Audio Axiom Pro-61 (Midi Controller). SOFTWARE: Mixcraft-7, PowerTracks Pro Audio 2013, Beat Thang Virtual, Dimension Le.

#166845 - 01/08/05 08:09 PM Re: Casio WK-3500 sample loading (WOW!!!!! Sort of off topic, but really cool!)
mikeathome1 Offline

Loc: Syracuse NY
sounds like a cool feature.

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online