SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#172022 - 01/02/05 09:17 AM DGX series
clumzy2 Offline

Loc: Springfield, IL
on another forum (psr) somebody was talking about a DGX 1500 and DGX 3000. If YAMAHA comes out with this one, I am the first buyer. Is there any news about this subject or is it just gossip.
Heinz

#172023 - 01/02/05 11:05 AM Re: DGX series
George Kaye Offline

Loc: Reseda, California USA
Right now it is just gossip. However, several months ago yamaha representitives asked me if a product like a DGX keyboard with specs from the PSR1500 with 76 keys and a PSR3000 with 88 keys would be a new good selling product and of course I said yes.
At the January NAMM show we will only see two new low priced 61 keyboards which will replace the PSR273 models. These will include better sounds and improved cosmetics. These will be the only two new portable keyboard series products shown at this time. I've already received all the new product information, prices and specs from yamaha last week.
New products also include a motif ES rack. There will also be a new portable sound system which will include a 6 channel powered mixer which is housed in the back of one of the two non powered speakers. The speakers look like the MSR100 cabinet. The system can be packed up in one optional roll around case and will sell in the $600 - $700 price ranger.
Yamaha is also releasing a new 5 piece electronic drum set with foot pedal for a MAP price of $849.00
For those wishing to see what the replacement for the current Tyros will be like, I have heard we will have to wait for the Summer NAMM show in June or July.

------------------
George Kaye
Kaye's Music Scene
Reseda, California
(Retired 2021)

#172024 - 01/02/05 11:31 AM Re: DGX series
ByRequest Offline

Loc: Cullman, AL USA
Where do I send money?
I could personally sell about four of them in my little neighborhood.

I am just a whisper away from going "awol" to the Roland kingdom.

I want those 76 keys. So if Yamaha can do it for under $2500 they need to speak up and of course do it.

Floyd

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online