SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#96071 - 01/01/05 03:29 AM Disconnecting the PSR3000 tone generator
Nomino Offline

My first techy question - how do you internally disconnect the tone generator from its keyboard in the PSR3000?

I'm pretty new to MIDI and sequencing, so would appreciate any held and advice. I'm connected to my PC via USB, and it all seems to work fine from the MIDI samples I've played.

I've downloaded a demo of XGWorks, and using the XG Editor you can assign a sound to a particular channel and have it transmit the code to change the tone on the PSR3000. However, when I do this and play a tune on the keyboard, two sounds play (the one selected in the XG Editor and the one currently selected on the PSR3000).

Any help would greatly appreciated.

#96072 - 01/01/05 09:21 AM Re: Disconnecting the PSR3000 tone generator
squeak_D Offline

Loc: West Virginia
I'm not sure what function it's under on the 3000, but it sounds to me like you need to turn the (local) control off. Have a look in your manual under midi regarding local on and off.

Squeak
GEAR: Yamaha MOXF-6, Casio MZX-500, Roland Juno-Di, M-Audio Venom, Roland RS-70, Yamaha PSR S700, M-Audio Axiom Pro-61 (Midi Controller). SOFTWARE: Mixcraft-7, PowerTracks Pro Audio 2013, Beat Thang Virtual, Dimension Le.

#96073 - 01/02/05 04:16 AM Re: Disconnecting the PSR3000 tone generator
Nomino Offline

Thanks a lot squeak - knowing the terminology allowed me to find this:

1. Press the [FUNCTION] button.
2. Press the [H] (MIDI) button.
3. Press the '8' (Edit) button.
4. Select the System Tab with [BACK]/[NEXT] button.
5. Use the [A] or [B] button to highlight the top row (Local Control).NOTE: There are now seven selections across the bottom which turn the Local Control ''On'' or ''Off'' for Main, Layer, Left, etc. 6. Press the numbered [v] buttons to turn all options ''Off''.
7. Press the [EXIT] button once.
8. Press the [NEXT] button to select the ''User'' Tab.
9. Press the '6 [v] button to Save.
10. Name the new ''MIDI Template'' if necessary.
11. Press the [OK] button.

[This message has been edited by Nomino (edited 01-02-2005).]

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online