SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#169251 - 12/01/04 06:21 PM Is the AwarenessEngine Website up
Tapas Offline

Loc: Phoenix, Arizona, USA
I was wondering what happened to the AwarenessEngine Website.

There used to be a KorgPA80 discussion group on Yahoo that was moved to this new site.

Does anyone know how to contact the sites owner or access the home page.

Tapas

#169252 - 12/01/04 11:32 PM Re: Is the AwarenessEngine Website up
keybplayer Offline

Loc: CA
As far as I know I think the Awareness Engine web site has gone belly up. Adios, Arrivederci, hasta luego, chow, bye bye.... See 'ya later aligator...

I guess the 62 note polyphony on the Korg Arrangers finally took its toll.

Best regards,
Mike

PS: Irish Acts is still around if you would like to check them out:

Irish Acts

#169253 - 12/02/04 06:34 PM Re: Is the AwarenessEngine Website up
Tapas Offline

Thanks Mike for the link to Irish Acts. They are now the best independent resource for Korg Synthesizers and Arrangers.

I hope Frankie gets his AwarenessEngine website up and running soon. I know he put a lot of work into managing the Pa80 discussion group. He loves arranger keyboards.

By the way, the 62 note polyphony limit on the Pa1X series does not hamper your playing in real life. Besides, you can always play the leads on a second keyboard and access the arrangement tracks via MIDI from the Pa1X.

Tapas

#169254 - 12/10/04 08:25 PM Re: Is the AwarenessEngine Website up
Tapas Offline

Hi Craig!

It is great to hear from you again. You did a terrific job hosting the Korg Pa80 discussion group on Yahoo. Let us know when your new site is ready. I am guessing you will be focussing on Software Synthesizers. Seems like this is the general market trend. The Pa1XPRO may well be the last in line and go down in history as the most impressive arranger workstation ever made.

Tapas

#169255 - 12/11/04 08:33 AM Re: Is the AwarenessEngine Website up
Tapas Offline

Craig,

Nothing has changed. Still working as a software programmer and playing music for fun. I added a couple of Yamaha Motif-Racks and two Roland XV5050 sound modules. I am waiting to hear from the NAMM show. If nothing promising turns up, I would be getting a Korg Pa1XPRO from George.

With all the advances in software synthesizers, the hardware synths still rule if you want reliability, the finest sounds, ease of use and resale value. You cannot substitute the immediacy of a one to one hands-on approach with scrolling a mouse on the screen.

Good to see you back my friend.

Tapas

[This message has been edited by Tapas (edited 12-11-2004).]

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online