SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#181185 - 10/25/04 10:17 PM Scottyee Bring on the MUSIC
beachbum Offline

Loc: Austin
Hi Scottyee, Where is Tony W?
Anyway, would like him to hear this one as well...
This is an example of hearing tunes on a forum... I heard this one posted by vinnie and asked if I could do a melody and lyric to it... I posted it a while back about a day before the server crashed... Thought, since Scott wanted to hear tunes he might like this one...Hope you enjoy...
http://www.chipos.com/attachment.mp3
Oh, I downloaded his mp3 and recorded the vocals through the psr2000
DJ

[This message has been edited by beachbum (edited 10-25-2004).]

#181186 - 10/26/04 06:03 AM Re: Scottyee Bring on the MUSIC
msutliff Offline

Loc: Cottage Grove, MN, USA
Wow!

I thought this was awesome! Beach, I really gotta comment on your vocal control...Superb! The way you start and end the phrases, sounds very "pro".

And let's not forget about the arrangement, it's simply a great piece! Very well done, Vinnie!

This has got to be some of the freshest, coolest new music I've heard on this site. Be interested to read what others think.

-mike

#181187 - 10/26/04 06:29 AM Re: Scottyee Bring on the MUSIC
drdalet Offline

Loc: Amersfoort, Netherlands
I agree with sutliff. A very powerfull voice and a terrific arrangement. You guys should work together.
On what instrument(s) was the background done?

------------------
drdalet

#181188 - 10/26/04 07:07 AM Re: Scottyee Bring on the MUSIC
squeak_D Offline

Loc: West Virginia
good song! I too am curious, what instruments were used for this one?

Squeak
GEAR: Yamaha MOXF-6, Casio MZX-500, Roland Juno-Di, M-Audio Venom, Roland RS-70, Yamaha PSR S700, M-Audio Axiom Pro-61 (Midi Controller). SOFTWARE: Mixcraft-7, PowerTracks Pro Audio 2013, Beat Thang Virtual, Dimension Le.

#181189 - 10/26/04 07:19 AM Re: Scottyee Bring on the MUSIC
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Quote:
Originally posted by beachbum:
Hi Scottyee, Where is Tony W?

Don't know. Perhaps he's on holiday as Donny had suggested. I trust (hope) he's ok & he'll be back soon as he's really missed by MANY here (including me).

Quote:
Originally posted by beachbum:
[B]
Thought, since Scott wanted to hear tunes he might like this one...Hope you enjoy...

DJ, this piece really caught my ears and kept drawing me back for repeated listenings. Your passionate vocals compliment Vinne's fasinatingly haunting arrangement mood. I liked the decscending piano arpegio solos followed by those disonant minor 2nds. DJ & Vinne: Nice collaberative work!

Like everyone else here, I too am interested in hearing more on how this song came together. Which (arranger?) keyboard(s) and what specific voice patches were used. Great choice of sounds btw. Were any auto-accompamiment 'styles' used, or was this song produced entirely with multi-track recording?

Scott

#181190 - 10/26/04 09:59 PM Re: Scottyee Bring on the MUSIC
beachbum Offline

Thanks for listen and the nice words... This all came together on Terry's clubchops site. Here is the thread if you’re interested on how it came about. http://www.clubchops.com/forums/view_topic.php?id=879&forum_id=3
Anyway, if you can't get to the site go to http://www.clubchops.com/forums/ I'm not sure if you have to sign up to get in the mp3 forum...
Vinnie recorded the song using the Tyros, I don't know what patches he used as I just downloaded his MP3 put it in Adobe and edit it for a two part vocal. I usually use my condenser mic going through the mixer. However, on this one I went strait through the psr2000 to Adobe...
Thanks again all,
DJ

#181191 - 10/27/04 05:48 AM Re: Scottyee Bring on the MUSIC
Mistered4111 Offline

Loc: Upstate NY
Great Job! I hope to hear more of this collaboration in the future. Thanks for sharing.

Ed

#181192 - 10/27/04 09:35 PM Re: Scottyee Bring on the MUSIC
beachbum Offline

Thanks Ed,
for the listen and thumbs up.. I love this kind of thing... Someone else writes the music... (which is my weak point, though I try, that's why I have an arranger keyboard as it allows me to compose songs) I just listened to his tune and wrote the melody and lyrics... And it was a lot of fun..
DJ

#181193 - 10/30/04 08:29 PM Re: Scottyee Bring on the MUSIC
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
beachbum .... great job .. got the "Sting" thing going ....
t.

#181194 - 11/20/04 12:52 AM Re: Scottyee Bring on the MUSIC
beachbum Offline

Thanks Tony...
It's all vinnie the lyrics where easy to write since vinnie's love for his wife... As for the Sting thing... I think I'll start rapping.. That would p**s UD off, especially if I where good at it...
DJ
We hooked up again.. i rally like other styles and trying to go with them. Even though I may suck at it... Here's another http://chipos.com/val.mp3

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online