SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#134390 - 11/10/04 08:00 PM Tyros USB and VH have the problems
mikeathome1 Offline

Loc: Syracuse NY
Have the problems with the vocal harmony and the usb been solved with the newer tyros. I mean if I buy a new one now am I going to have the same problems? How do I tell A late model good one or bad one?

------------------
qqqwq@hotmail.com

#134391 - 11/10/04 10:41 PM Re: Tyros USB and VH have the problems
keybplayer Offline

Loc: CA
That is a difficult question Mike.

I don't know if the USB problem has been corrected on current shipping Tyros'. Somebody else may know for certain one way or the other.

Yamaha Europe was the first to find a workable solution to the USB problem which they provided to Yamaha U.S. I would think Yamaha Japan knows all of the details about the fix and they're "probably" sticking the new modified USB boards into current Tyros' being built. The only problem I would be concerned about is if you get a Tyros that has been stuck in a Warehouse somewhere and is of the old stock.

One way to determine if a Tyros is new stock is to verify the serial numbers with Yamaha. They should have exact figures when the new stock with the fix started shipping along with corresponding serial numbers.

>> The Vocal Harmonizer is another story.

Yamaha has apparently not confirmed or acknowledged that there is any Vocal Harmonizer problem with the Tyros. If that is the case then most likely they have not taken any steps in correcting it since in their eyes it is a "non-issue". Even though many people are reporting there is a problem with the Tyros' VH. PS: If you read my recent thread and most recent post about the Vocal Harmonizer on the Tyros you know that I resolved my Tyros' VH problem. Turning off the Mic Effects when using the Vocal Harmonizer did it in my case.

I know this sounds a little pretentious but you may want to forego getting the Tyros and opting instead to get the new Tyros II when it comes out. I think Yamaha is putting their nose to the grindstone on the new Tyros II which will be forthcoming I believe sometime in 2005. Look to see a brand new Vocal Harmonizer processor chip and new technology that will rival many external units on the market today. Look for the Tyros II to have a solid USB interface with the facility to accept USB Storage Devices like the new PSR 3000 does, such as Thumb Drives, Micro Drives, USB Hard Drives, etc. Plus it more than likely will also have a Smart Media slot. There may even still be the option to add an internal Hard Drive. I hope there is.

Bigger, i.e. (availability of a 76 Key version: "let's keep our fingers crossed on that one" ) - better, stronger, i.e. more powerful, and more capable. Look for those qualities in the new Tyros II. I for one am expecting great things from Yamaha concerning the Tyros II.

But you may have to pay upwards of $500 dollars or possibly more for the Tyros II over the current Tyros. So that is something to consider likewise.

Best regards,
Mike

#134392 - 11/10/04 10:48 PM Re: Tyros USB and VH have the problems
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Anybody want to make some easy money? I'll wager $100. that the "Tyros 2" isn't available in the US before today's date in 2005.
DonM

#134393 - 11/10/04 10:57 PM Re: Tyros USB and VH have the problems
keybplayer Offline

Loc: CA
Don, I.... won't take that bet.

Best regards,
Mike

#134394 - 11/10/04 11:16 PM Re: Tyros USB and VH have the problems
Graham UK Offline

Loc: Lincolnshire UK
DonM. I think you are correct. New Yamaha top end arrangers normally follow a year after new CVP's. The new CVP 3XXX have recently been released...making the next Tyros late 2005.

#134395 - 11/11/04 04:40 AM Re: Tyros USB and VH have the problems
kbrkr Offline

Loc: Tampa, FL
That timing would actually work for me since I sent a child off to college this year, I am absolutely broke and cannot buy any new equipment until next year !!! LOL

Pa4x - LD Systems Maui 28 - Mackie Thumps

#134396 - 11/11/04 07:31 AM Re: Tyros USB and VH have the problems
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
I know how you feel. We have one boy in college and another in high school.
DonM

#134397 - 11/11/04 12:26 PM Re: Tyros USB and VH have the problems
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
......and a BIG kid out on the golf course !

#134398 - 11/11/04 12:59 PM Re: Tyros USB and VH have the problems
mikeathome1 Offline

Loc: Syracuse NY
here is yamaha's answer from the same question on the arranger workstation forum.
"It has not yet been determined that there is a VH problem with the Tyros. It's been in production for over 2 years and I'm aware of 3 people worldwide that are complaining about distortion or something when using the harmonizer. I've seen and used the harmonizer many times and have not noticed a problem. Could be they're doing something quite different than we are, but we can't fix it until we can see it.

There is a cure for the USB problem, but because not all Tyros experience a problem, it's not in production as of yet. We'll be happy to update your Tyros at your convenience."

------------------
qqqwq@hotmail.com

#134399 - 11/11/04 04:16 PM Re: Tyros USB and VH have the problems
nardoni2002 Offline

Loc: malaga, spain
hi guys,a solution to this VH problem looks like it may have been solved,go to svpworld,topic,Tyros VH-poss.solution,,,mike

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online