SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#218900 - 09/22/04 08:32 PM Mozilla
GlennT Offline

Loc: Medina, OH, USA
Does Mozilla have a utility that automatically imports all your 'favorites' from IE? I have a bunch and would hate to lose them.

IE is driving me nuts with pop-ups, even tho I run Spybot.

Glenn

#218901 - 09/22/04 08:42 PM Re: Mozilla
Dnj Offline

YES....upon installing it will ask you if you want to IMPORT Favorites from IE....one click and its done....I enjoy MOZILLA Mucho!

#218902 - 09/23/04 09:01 PM Re: Mozilla
TomTomSF Offline

Loc: Half Moon Bay, CA, USA
I love Mozilla. I have been using it (or Netscape earlier) for several years. I also use Thunderbird instead of Outlook. I have never been infected with any computer virus. Pretty amazing, no? Check out Mozilla Firefox. I'll bet you'll love it.

Tom G.

#218903 - 09/27/04 09:24 AM Re: Mozilla
GlennT Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by TomTomSF:
I'll bet you'll love it.

Ditto, big time! Since I downloaded Mozilla and deleated IE, I highly recommend the program.

#218904 - 09/27/04 03:08 PM Re: Mozilla
Quasar Offline

Quote:
Since I downloaded Mozilla and deleated IE, I highly recommend the program.[/B]

Hi, this may be OT here, but I run Opera and like it a lot, but I've never had the nerve to uninstall IE, much as I would like to. It's so bound up in the OS. Can this really be done in XP without creating other problems? (For instance, how do you then get the Windows Updates?

Michael

#218905 - 09/28/04 08:00 AM Re: Mozilla
GlennT Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Quasar:
For instance, how do you then get the Windows Updates?

No problem with Mozilla... it provides a direct link to Microsoft updates and downloads.

#218906 - 09/28/04 05:21 PM Re: Mozilla
Quasar Offline

Thanks! I didn't know you could do that. I thought that Windows Update Only recognized IE.

Cheers,

Michael

#218907 - 09/29/04 02:07 PM Re: Mozilla
RyanS Offline

Loc: Jackson, MO, USA
As far as I know, unless you have a program called XPLite, you can't uninstall IE. Also, I've never been able to run Windows Update using Mozilla or Firefox. That's the WU website, as far as the automatic update manager, that still works fine. Also without IE, you won't be able to use MSN Messenger, and some plugins like the Real Player plugin, doesn't work in the Mozilla browsers. Actually, I don't know of any kind of media plugin that works in the Mozilla browsers.

Don't think that I'm bashing the Mozilla browsers, I use FireFox 1.0 and love it and will never use anything else again. However it does have those few downsides, and in those cases when I need to play a media file that I can't download myself, I use IE. That's on a rare occasion though.

One more thing that Mozilla has problems with. I think those Java applet games (I think those are like PopCap and MSN and Yahoo games) Mozilla won't run those. So anytime I play games (not very often) I'll use IE for that.

[This message has been edited by RyanS (edited 09-29-2004).]

#218908 - 09/29/04 09:33 PM Re: Mozilla
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
Man ! Am I in the dark. I have no idea what these programs are ! I'm guessing from the convo that they're browsers? Clue me in, oh wise ones !
I don't know mazilla from magilla gorilla!

#218909 - 09/30/04 09:10 PM Re: Mozilla
TomTomSF Offline

Loc: Half Moon Bay, CA, USA
You're right, Dave! Mozilla is a free, open-source web browser. That means the programming code is widely shared and can be developed and improved by many, many programmers. It also means other programmers can more easily write plug-ins and other enhancements for it. It's most current version is now called Firefox. You can try it for free. Look here:
http://www.mozilla.org/products/firefox/

Tom G.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online