SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#123036 - 09/26/04 06:03 AM OT Your Prayers Requested
OldNewb Offline

Loc: Shorewood Wi. USA
Knowing that there are so many good and caring people on this site, I am writing to ask that you take a minute or two now and then, to pray for my daughter.

I have been seperated from my children by 250 miles since my divorce 4 years ago and though I have frequently seen them I have not been as much involved with their lives I am sorry to admit. I had not known the bad crowd that my then 18 year old daughter had fallen in with.

She is now 21 and recently gotten herself involved in some very serious trouble. She is a good kid but followed the wrong people and was talked into some bad choices.

This is difficult for me to write as it was difficult for me to hear.
She has been charged, with 4 others, (another female and 3 males) with first degree intentional homocide. (sigh)

I am not able, emotionally, to go into a lot of detail, as this is still all very new and a lot of un-known issues.
But I ask that you pray for fair justice (as she was minimally involved) and also for her spiritual strength to get through this.
Thank you.
OldNewb

#123037 - 09/26/04 06:16 AM Re: OT Your Prayers Requested
Bernie9 Online   content

Loc: Port Charlotte,FL,USA
Old Newb
I am deeply sorry for you and your daughter. I went through this with my estranged children. Only by the grace of God was it not this serious.

There are no suitable words of consolation I can offer. Just my prayers.

May God bless

Bernie

#123038 - 09/26/04 08:06 AM Re: OT Your Prayers Requested
drdalet Offline

Loc: Amersfoort, Netherlands
Isn't this an awfull thing to happen to anyone! Only God knows why there are people out their, out to ruin their own lives as well as those of others. I wish you all the strength in the world.

------------------
drdalet

#123039 - 09/26/04 08:24 AM Re: OT Your Prayers Requested
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
I'm so sorry to hear of your daughter's situation. We are all here to support you in any way we can. I can only hope that she will get through this tragedy, learn from it and emerge a stronger person person, who will make better choices in the future.
DonM

#123040 - 09/26/04 08:50 AM Re: OT Your Prayers Requested
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
We're All here for you, and our prayers are as well.

#123041 - 09/26/04 08:57 AM Re: OT Your Prayers Requested
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
OldNewb: my prayers go out to you, the murdered victim's family, and your daughter as well. What a terrible tragedy. I hope your daughter finds the inner strength to take a new direction and choice of friends. It's really unforutnate it has to take something like this for such a wakeup call. - Scott

#123042 - 09/26/04 09:45 AM Re: OT Your Prayers Requested
OldNewb Offline

Loc: Shorewood Wi. USA
My daughters involvement, as per her explanations to me is threefold.

First, she was duped into picking up the victim and taking him to where the others waited.

Second, when the physical confrontation began she did nothing to stop it aside from yelling and screaming for it to stop.
This was apparently an act of retribution, a beating, for some physical abuse the victim had previously caused the other female. The males, one in particular got carried away and went to far, choking the victim and causing his death. God forgive them.

And third, for not going to the authorities after the fact, though her own life was threatened and in jeopardy. She was constantly in their company and unable to go to the authorities safely until one point where she went home to her mothers and was immediately questioned by sheriffs and taken into custody.

She has been forthright and told everything at that point and will be the main witness for the prosecution against the others.

Why she is being charged so severely and lumped with the others as "party to a crime"
I do not know. This now is in her attorneys hands, and Gods.
Her attorney, brought in from a different city, says he was involved with a very similar case and believes my daughter was excessivley charged. In his previous, similar case, his client received probation.

I am trusting my daughters explanation and pray I am not being as naive as she was.

Thank you all for joining your prayers with mine, for the victim's soul and his family, as well as for my daughter, my family, and myself.

I pray as well, for those in Florida and elsewhere who are going through such devastating times.

God Bless,

OldNewb

#123043 - 09/26/04 01:29 PM Re: OT Your Prayers Requested
ChicoBrasil Offline

Loc: Belo Horizonte,Minas Gerais,Br...
Oldnewb

Honestly, my prayers are for you and your daughter.

My regards
Chico

#123044 - 09/26/04 03:43 PM Re: OT Your Prayers Requested
cassp Offline

Loc: Motown
I will pray for you and your daughter. She obviously has fallen into a terrible situation. It is a father's fear this his child will do something he cannot protect him/her from. We can only do our best; the rest is out of our hands.

Prayers & Peace,
Cass

#123045 - 09/26/04 04:38 PM Re: OT Your Prayers Requested
lukitoh Offline

Loc: Hayward, CA, USA
Have faith and never waver that God will help your daughter through this. Pray and everything will be allright ! Trust in God and He will never leave you nor forsake you.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online