SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#112357 - 09/20/04 02:06 AM Muting a track on Tyros - yet sending it thru MIDI
chony Offline

Loc: New York
We recently discussed how it would be possible to mute the rhythm tracks from my styles and allow them to be played by an exterior drum module via MIDI. It was suggested that I route the rhythms into a SUB out to trick the tyros into muting the sound.

However I just tried doing this with a drum module and it doesn't work. It seems that on board the Tyros itself, sending a track to a sub does not mute it. So now when I play I have a double track or Tyros + Roland drums - which doesn't sound right.

Does anyone have any other bright ideas?

Thanks,
Chony

(PS: It is not possible as far as I know to turn "local off" on an individual style track - just on the whole style.)

#112358 - 09/20/04 04:32 AM Re: Muting a track on Tyros - yet sending it thru MIDI
MacAllcock Offline

Loc: Preston, Lancashire, England
Shot in the dark... could you embed System Exclusive into the data for the track which turned off note receive, or set the note receice range to be (say) C2 to C2? There are parameters that can do this for "Multi Part" setups but I don't know if the Style playback system would respond to such data.

#112359 - 09/20/04 01:54 PM Re: Muting a track on Tyros - yet sending it thru MIDI
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
I don't see how you can hear both the Roland AND the Yamaha track, when the Yamaha srums are routed to a jack that goes nowhere. The midi data flows into the Roland and you aplify that somewhere.
The audio of the Yamaha drum sounds are sent to a jack that gets NO amplification and should not be heard at all.
What am I missing here?

#112360 - 09/20/04 02:31 PM Re: Muting a track on Tyros - yet sending it thru MIDI
Magali Offline

Loc: FRANCE
Chony:
You can use a drum custom voice in your style track , without any events in your custom.It is limited to ten customs for calling it with program change.Itis not ideal for playing in live but it work.

#112361 - 09/20/04 07:07 PM Re: Muting a track on Tyros - yet sending it thru MIDI
chony Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Uncle Dave:
I don't see how you can hear both the Roland AND the Yamaha track, when the Yamaha srums are routed to a jack that goes nowhere. The midi data flows into the Roland and you aplify that somewhere.
The audio of the Yamaha drum sounds are sent to a jack that gets NO amplification and should not be heard at all.
What am I missing here?

Dave, it seems that sending something to a sub will only mute it from the main aux - but not from the onboard Tyros speakers.

Magali, I actually came up with that idea as well! As you say, it would work, but is not ideal for live playing bc I'd have to make a custom style with a blank custom drum for every style I think I'll use.

#112362 - 09/20/04 08:16 PM Re: Muting a track on Tyros - yet sending it thru MIDI
mikeathome1 Offline

Loc: Syracuse NY
Maybe you need to have a plug in the aux, even if it doesn't go anywhere. I have an emu proteus 2000 with six outputs and if an instrument is assigned to an output that doesn't have a plug in it, the sound goes to the main outs by default.

------------------
qqqwq@hotmail.com

#112363 - 09/20/04 10:57 PM Re: Muting a track on Tyros - yet sending it thru MIDI
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
"ON BOARD" Tyros speakers?
You mean the add ons that bolt on to the back, right?
I never saw/heard them ... mine was a mute so I can't comment on how they handle the load.
Back to the drawing board, huh?

#112364 - 09/20/04 11:06 PM Re: Muting a track on Tyros - yet sending it thru MIDI
chony Offline

AND THE PRIZE GOES TO MIKE!!

I doubted it Mike, but thought it was worth a try! Bingo!

Thanks for the advice!

Chony

Dave - I meant the speakers "you bolt onto the back". Don't fret about not having those speakers - they're good but if I'd go for it again I'd get a pair of powered monitors instead. These are not convenient for my studio setup, nor for shleping to performances...

[This message has been edited by chony (edited 09-20-2004).]

#112365 - 09/21/04 06:50 AM Re: Muting a track on Tyros - yet sending it thru MIDI
mikeathome1 Offline

Loc: Syracuse NY
Glad to be of help.

------------------
qqqwq@hotmail.com

#112366 - 09/21/04 09:56 AM Re: Muting a track on Tyros - yet sending it thru MIDI
Magali Offline

Loc: FRANCE
Chony
Perhaps the best for you is to use the SUB OUT in the Tyros mix.You says it does not mute the MAINs,Yes itis.Imput a jack on your Sub only a jack no cable with it.Switch the part you want (rhytm 2) in your case on the sub who your jack is.If you want stereo use sub 1 and 2 and switch part on SUB1&2

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online