SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#216132 - 09/15/04 10:50 AM Eye Opener : Got a New LCD Video Monitor
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
My old 17" CRT monitor finally conked out the other day, so I went out and purchased a new Sony 19" LCD monitor, model number SDM-HS94P:
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/det...ronics&n=507846

and had to share with you guys how impressed I'm with its sharp, clear, bright picture and color accuracy. I went to Frys, Best Buy and several other computer stores around my area & after comparing it 'side by side' with the PC LCD monitor competition (Samsung, ViewSonic, HP, etc) I judged the Sony HS94 to be the clear winner, especially for it bright picture, as well as having the fastest video response time (12ms), IMPORTANT when viewing moving video images. Sony has incorporated a new feature called XBrite Technology which gives the picture the kind of bright vivid punch that I'd come to appreciate with CRT monitors, and previously missing with LCD displays. - Scott

#216133 - 09/15/04 11:06 AM Re: Eye Opener : Got a New LCD Video Monitor
Dnj Offline

Scott......

Good Luck with your new monitor....looks like a winner for sure!!

enjoy it!

#216134 - 09/15/04 11:12 AM Re: Eye Opener : Got a New LCD Video Monitor
wizboy Offline

Loc: San Diego, CA
Hi Scott,

That's a very good choice since I myself purchased one not too long ago, although i had a black model vs the silver model. Very clear, very bright and I'm doing a lot of video stuffs as well and that's a winner !

I've previously had Sonys on my old CRTs and was never disappointed.

Claude

#216135 - 09/15/04 12:19 PM Re: Eye Opener : Got a New LCD Video Monitor
The Pro Offline

Loc: Atlanta, Georgia
Scott: ya gotta do something about those long URL's...

#216136 - 09/15/04 07:14 PM Re: Eye Opener : Got a New LCD Video Monitor
Scottyee Offline

Wizboy Claude, cool to hear that you own a Sony Monitor too. Before purchasing my Sony SDM-HS94P, I had read LCD monitor comparison reviews in PCWorld & Consumer Reports and the Sony (earlier model) only got lukewarm reviews, but when testing with my own eyes, I think the new Sony XBrite LCD displays look head and shoulders better than the other brands. I feel a lot better now knowing that you can't always rely completely on reviews in purchasing decisions. Scott

Jim the Pro, on my monitor, the entire url appears on 'one' single line, and with out need to scroll left-right to view the entire string.

Ok guys, what's the method (secret) to getting a very LONG url address to wrap around to subsequent lines of text, and without breaking the actual url link string?

Scott

#216137 - 09/15/04 07:36 PM Re: Eye Opener : Got a New LCD Video Monitor
GlennT Offline

Loc: Medina, OH, USA
That's weird, 'caus on my screen it's wrapping around. Did you change something, like put in those dashes or something?

#216138 - 09/15/04 08:25 PM Re: Eye Opener : Got a New LCD Video Monitor
Scottyee Offline

Glenn. Yep, I just looked again and now the text wraps around (but just once) , and I DIDN"T add any special characters or keystrokes to get it to do that. I think the reason it wasn't wrapping around at all on my screen the first time is because I was viewing it while still in edit existing post mode. I sure would like to know if there's a trick to triggering it to wrap around exactly where you want it to. Any experts out there with the answer?

Scott

#216139 - 09/15/04 09:24 PM Re: Eye Opener : Got a New LCD Video Monitor
The Pro Offline

Loc: Atlanta, Georgia
Scott:

Follow the instructions for URL Hyperlinking by clicking here.

#216140 - 09/15/04 10:05 PM Re: Eye Opener : Got a New LCD Video Monitor
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
It's not wrapping on my screen. Maybe Mozilla is different from IE.
DonM

#216141 - 09/17/04 06:51 AM Re: Eye Opener : Got a New LCD Video Monitor
Tomcat Offline

Loc: Ft Collins Colorado, USA
Hi Scott,

I have your display's little brother, the 17 inch version and I love it. It replaced a 7 yr old CRT monitor. I also got a 128 Mb ATI Radeon 9800 video card and have it hooked up to the digital output and it is very, very good.

I did the same as you and looked with MY own eyes at the monitors in Frys (where I got mine) and Best Buy, etc. A lot of sales people told me they thought the Viewsonic was best but it certainly wasn't to my eyes.

Tom

------------------
Bigger is not always better

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online