SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#215682 - 02/19/04 04:49 PM PA 60 Quandry
btweengigs Offline

Loc: Florida, USA
A retired pro, friend of mine, who has a KN 6000 decided he wanted to look into a Korg PA60. He asked me to go to a music store with him to look at the only one they had in stock.

It was the first time I ever layed hands on one. Being a Yammie guy it was all new to me, but I found my way around fairly well. Good thing too, cuzz the three sales guys didn't have a clue about how anything on it worked.

But, I had to scratch my head when it came to selecting voices. We wanted to hear some of the guitars and, naturally, punched up the guitar button. The whole field was empty. We tried for some saxes and punched up woodwinds. Again...empty. Later we found guitars under the Mallets section.

The only way we could access a sax was by the STS settings on some of the styles.

I can't imagine this is the norm. Is is possible someone can change all the factory voices around into different categories? And why would any of the voice categories be empty?
Eddie

#215683 - 02/19/04 05:53 PM Re: PA 60 Quandry
mdorantes Offline

Loc: Queretaro, Mexico
Hello:
I know what you mean, well, in the right side of the PA 80/60, above the octave - +, two rows to be exact, there are 2 buttons, the one at left is performance, the right side is program....this one is the one that it had to be selected in order to explore/play the sound, I hope it helps.

------------------
mdorantes

#215684 - 02/19/04 08:43 PM Re: PA 60 Quandry
George Kaye Offline

Loc: Reseda, California USA
one more thing to check.....
If you started out in a performance and then hit the program button to select a catagory of sounds to try out, you might find that you have funny effects like echo on every sound. This is because the effect used in the performance is now on every sound you try. I would suggest changing the mode from style play to program at the top left of the keyboard. This way you can try out all the sounds with the correct effect. Or, you could pick a performance that sounds ok with it's effects and then select the program button, as Manuel has suggested while in the style play mode and just change the right hand voice.
George Kaye
Kaye's Music Scene
Reseda, California
(Retired 2021)

#215685 - 02/20/04 04:31 AM Re: PA 60 Quandry
btweengigs Offline

Loc: Florida, USA
Mdorantes & George...
You would think one of the 3 sales people on the floor could have pointed that out. But, we have come to know better.
Thanks for the clarification.
I will pass the information on to my friend.
Eddie

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online