SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#215326 - 01/09/04 04:13 PM Building shopping carts
DanO1 Offline

Loc: Maryland
Hi Gang ,

Part 2 of my plan will be going in effect soon, that is building shopping carts on my website . My quesion is ..............

In your on line shopping experience, is are there any website's that offer something unique , fun or anything that has caught your interest .

#1. I thought that having a calender and current time shown on the website arrangerworkstation.com was cool.
#2. I like the term "quick quotes" .
#3. I like the idea of having multiple languages available or some type of translation link available .

Any ideas ?? Dan O'

anything else ?

------------------
Technics,Ketron Yamaha Casio arranger keyboards .
www.keyboardcity.net
1-866-348-8876

#215327 - 01/09/04 05:53 PM Re: Building shopping carts
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Hi Dan, the best online shopping experience is knowing I got the LOWEST price, and being assured (with some kind of verification) that the seller is both honest & legitimate. This could include online consumer reviews (ratings) of the merchant. Online shopping gimmicks don't matter to me. - Scott

#215328 - 01/09/04 07:23 PM Re: Building shopping carts
aprilla Offline

Loc: Ireland
I shop online more than I should admit
Presuming honest & legitimate these are my thoughts.

I like to be able to ask a question and get a prompt answer, and if I ask to be removed from a list, that I am removed. (I use individual email addresses for the various places I sign up to, that way I know who sells/gives out my address - but sometimes means I can't remember how to leave a place)

When shopping I like to be able to shop, not wait for stuff I am not looking for to load or dodge unrelated pop-ups/unders, and to find what I am interested in reasonable easily. It is no harm to suggest other items related to what the customer is looking for though, I have impulse purchased that way

I like to be able to calculate the delivery into my costs before getting to the paying stages.

But my main bug-bear is, if a shop accepts orders with a form they be able to accept the delivery address. For example I don't have a house number, street name or zip code. I have often been unable to order (which is OK-ish), or able to order but the shop unable to process, goods... which can be time consuming and a nightmare to sort out. Grrrr

Reviews are good, I like them too. Good luck with your project!

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online