SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#120666 - 12/24/03 10:53 AM Will you entertain your friends this Christmas with your arranger keyboard ?
rolandfan Offline

Loc: South Africa
Sure is great this time of year cos all your family and friends are around and a chance to play for those close to you..

Merry Christmas to EVERYBODY

#120667 - 12/24/03 11:05 AM Re: Will you entertain your friends this Christmas with your arranger keyboard ?
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Hi Roland, I've spent the last few weeks entertaining audiences big & small with Christmas music on my Tyros arranger, but 'finally' tonight (Christmas Eve) and tomorrow Christmas Day,I plan to spend a intimate time with close family and friends, sitting around the fireplace playing & singing (on the acoustic piano), traditional Christmas Carols and holiday favorites. Here's a special Christmas toast to all the many wonderful friends I've made here on SZ over the years! - Scott

#120668 - 12/24/03 12:14 PM Re: Will you entertain your friends this Christmas with your arranger keyboard ?
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
I'm working tonight 7:00 to 11:00.
Then I'm off until next week. May go to Oklahoma to see my oldest son.
I did take my keyboard to South Texas when we visited my mother Thanksgiving. They enjoyed it a lot.
Merry Christmas everybody.
Happy Holidays Boo.
DonM

#120669 - 12/24/03 07:50 PM Re: Will you entertain your friends this Christmas with your arranger keyboard ?
btweengigs Offline

Loc: Florida, USA
No family to entertain here, but I did put all my back pains aside to play at two retirement homes today...and my back is paying the price. But, I am still glad I did it. Many of the residents had been picked up by their families and there were only 12 or 15 in each home. We sang traditional Christmas songs and Carols. It was more casual and intimate than most of my other visits. I don't think my being there came anywhere close to replacing previous Christmas's they may have been remembering with their families. But, it felt very good to bring some cheer and share a good time with them.

A third home cancelled due to an outbreak of the flu at the home. All the residents were confined to their rooms. It's enough to make a grown man cry.

Merry Christmas, All.
Eddie

#120670 - 12/25/03 06:21 AM Re: Will you entertain your friends this Christmas with your arranger keyboard ?
cassp Offline

Loc: Motown
If you've got the money honey, I've got the time. No, not really. I'm a church organist and music director too. After Christmas services, no one expects me to play for a while. Merry Christmas all!

#120671 - 12/25/03 11:02 AM Re: Will you entertain your friends this Christmas with your arranger keyboard ?
travlin'easy Online   happy

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
My next job is New Year's Eve, which I host for 40 friends and some of my immediate family. I've been doing this for more than a decade, and while it will cost me a bundle to provide both the food and beverages, it's a great time for us to get together with folks that we've known for more than a half century.

This year's menu consists of: jumbo steamed shrimp, coconut shrimp with heated terriyaki sauce, Jack Daniel's shrimp, crab balls, grilled Jack Daniel's steak, grilled polish kabassa, lots of Kickapoo Joy Juice, champange and other assorted refreshments. And yes, I also provide the entertainment. It's a fun evening that often ends with the last guest heading out the door at 3:00 a.m..

The regular grind begins anew on January 4 with the season's first private party.

Just another fun day in Paradise,

Gary

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#120672 - 12/26/03 08:55 AM Re: Will you entertain your friends this Christmas with your arranger keyboard ?
GlennT Offline

Loc: Medina, OH, USA
Gary... you've got some darn lucky family and friends!

Quote:
Originally posted by travlin'easy:
This year's menu consists of: jumbo steamed shrimp, coconut shrimp with heated terriyaki sauce, Jack Daniel's shrimp, crab balls, grilled Jack Daniel's steak, grilled polish kabassa, lots of Kickapoo Joy Juice, champange and other assorted refreshments. And yes, I also provide the entertainment.

#120673 - 12/26/03 10:10 AM Re: Will you entertain your friends this Christmas with your arranger keyboard ?
Dnj Offline

Gary.....sounds like a great NYE get together at the "Diamond Compound"..have a Great Time....although those Shrimps sound Awesome.....NYE...I will be in the Trenches Entertaining 350 well liquored
"Active Adults" right here down on the NJ shore. Just another "Day In Paradise"

------------------
www.donnypesce.com

#120674 - 12/26/03 08:57 PM Re: Will you entertain your friends this Christmas with your arranger keyboard ?
KN_Fan Offline

Didn't use any arrangers at all.

I was unexpectedly invited by one of my coworker's boyfriend to his parents house.

Very nice 30 years old Yamaha Grand. I pretty much played little bit of everything (from Grover Washington, Billy Joel, to good ol Christmas songs).

Drove 45 mins to another party and played an upright Yamaha for a bunch of kids.

Boy that reminds me I need to brush up on my piano skills!!

#120675 - 12/27/03 09:20 AM Re: Will you entertain your friends this Christmas with your arranger keyboard ?
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
..... Christmas eve at my brother & sister-in-laws' house, playing for family and friends ... Best part was all the kids around the kn6000 singing Christmas songs as we waited for Santa...
t.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online