SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#132110 - 12/02/03 08:28 AM Need Help with PSR2100!
Arbaz Offline

Hello Guys and Gals,
I want to play MIDI files on my PSR2100, and I want to use PSR2100 internal sounds for that purpose. I was wondering if there is a computer program (Freeware software) available which would let me change the instruments of the MIDI files to PSR2100 internal sounds and let me save it so I can play the files properly with nice sounds on PSR2100 without sounding gibberish and also is it possible to play KAR files on PSR2100. Is there an instrument definition file available for cakewalk and XG works? Please help.

#132111 - 12/02/03 09:55 PM Re: Need Help with PSR2100!
keybplayer Offline

Loc: CA
Arbaz

Here is a free program that will take an ordinary midi file and convert "tune" it for optimum Voices for your PSR 2100. It is called Midi Player by Michael Bedesem. Click on the link to start the download:

MidiPlayer

PS: I'm not sure a Cakewalk instrument definition file has been made for the PSR 2100 yet. If anybody else on the Forum knows of one please post a link.

Yes, your PSR 2100 CAN play Karaoke files.

Best regards,
Mike

#132112 - 12/03/03 01:29 AM Re: Need Help with PSR2100!
MacAllcock Offline

Loc: Preston, Lancashire, England
The "Auto Revoice" option of the keyboard automatically remaps midi voices to the appropriate internal programs. It is part of the Mixing Console edit pages (p124 of the Manual).

To get to it, press "Mixing Console" until the title of the window is "MIXING CONSOLE (PANEL PART). Then (if required) used "Next" or "Prev" to get to the "Vol/Voice" page. The buttons you need are "SONG AUTOREVOICE" and "SETUP" on the right hand side of the display. if "SONG AUTOREVOICE" is ON then the progam settings in midi files are replaced with those defined by the revoice settings - press "SETUP" to get to the map setting page which lets you choose the remap "strength" and also change the remap voices.

Hope this helps

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online