SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#120038 - 11/30/03 05:15 PM O T Prodikeys
Smokey Offline

Loc: Colorado
Hi, all
Does anyone know if Prodikeys will play other software other than the Creative Labs programs included with the keyboard?
Thanks for your time, Smokey

#120039 - 12/01/03 05:25 AM Re: O T Prodikeys
cassp Offline

Loc: Motown
Smokey, judging from all the replies, Prodikeys is not one of the group's top 20 products. I am not familiar with it either. Your best bet would be to go to the Creative Labs website and check the documentation, tech support and FAQ there. Since Creative Labs (SoundBlaster)is a popular sound card, I might expect that its software would be equally compatible, but that's just a guess. Good luck, and keep us informed.

Cass

#120040 - 12/01/03 05:58 AM Re: O T Prodikeys
The Pro Offline

Loc: Atlanta, Georgia
The Prodikeys is one of my favorite and most useful "toys" - and yes, it works just fine with any MIDI program or sequencer. I've had mine for over a year. After installing the software, all of your MIDI programs will see the Prodikeys as another MIDI input device. You must have a PS2 keyboard port (it's not USB unfortunately) so it may not work with your laptop. It also helps if you have a low-latency soundcard (it comes with Soundblaster Live! which doesn't do too badly). It also comes with some very cheesy child-oriented arranger software and it features 37 mini-keys - but those are the only negatives. I like to use it for creating rough drafts of songs. It's one of the handiest computer accessories I've ever owned - two thumbs up.

The newer "DM' model features octave shift buttons and sustain buttons that my original model does not have so I may have to upgrade at some point. Here's the website:
http://www.prodikeys.com/

#120041 - 12/01/03 06:48 PM Re: O T Prodikeys
Smokey Offline

Loc: Colorado
I like to use it for creating rough drafts of songs. It's one of the handiest computer accessories I've ever owned - two thumbs up.

The newer "DM' model features octave shift buttons and sustain buttons that my original model does not have so I may have to upgrade at some point. Here's the website:
http://www.prodikeys.com/ [/B][/QUOTE]

Thanks for the info. I want to use it to enter into Power Tracks Pro and Band In a Box. The creative Labs page indicates that it will use other software, But does not list any. I have Audigy 2 installed.
Again thanks, Smokey

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online