SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#133545 - 11/22/03 01:31 AM Problems with Pro Tools Le 5.3.3
Micco Offline

Loc: Finland
Today I installed the Pro Tools Le 5.3.3 software to my laptop. The problem is that when I start the program, it stops before it even asks for serial number and goes back to desktop. I removed the software and installed it again, but the same thing happened. Why?

I have HP Pavilion ze4417 laptop with Windows XP. I have also installed the latest updates and also the Mbox firmwire the the version 20. I have followed the instructions very carefully, but still the Pro Tools would not start. I would be very pleased for any help!

Micco

#133546 - 11/22/03 03:26 AM Re: Problems with Pro Tools Le 5.3.3
trtjazz Offline

Micco,
Here's the system requirements to run it in XP:

Mbox with Pro Tools LE 5.3.3 for Windows XP Requirements

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Digidesign Hardware Supplied with System

Mbox (firmware v20 or higher required)
USB Cable
Digidesign Software Supplied with System

Pro Tools LE version 5.3.3
DigiRack Plug-Ins
ASIO Driver for Mbox
DigiRack Plug-Ins & Optional Digidesign Software

Mbox Plug-In Finder

Control Surfaces & MIDI Interfaces

Optional Digidesign Hardware

Contol|24
DigiDrive FireWire 80
DigiDrive
DigiDrive MediaDock
SCSI|128 Kit
SCSI64 Kit
Hard Drive Minimum Requirements

Qualified SCSI HBA Cards

Third-Party Video Capture Cards

Playback within Pro Tools is only supported via the computer monitor. Hardware Codecs are not supported. Use a third party application and card to capture video and import the video into Pro Tools. For the best performance use Avid CODEC DV files created by Avid Express DV.
Performance Guidelines

Recording to the system startup drive is not recommended or supported
For desktop models, a separate internal or external dedicated audio hard drive is highly recommended for maximum performance and track count (see Hard Drive Minimum Requirements)
Although limited recording and playback of audio tracks may be possible using the internal drive in laptop models, a separate external dedicated audio hard drive is highly recommended for maximum performance and track count. Digidesign recommends the use of FireWire drives for use with these computers. (see DigiDrive FireWire 80 Requirements)
Turn off or unplug any unnecessary USB devices when using Mbox
The Mbox should be connected using the included USB cable directly to the computer's USB port. Connection of the Mbox to a USB hub is not supported.
Maximum Performance Guidelines
To provide full 32-track, 24-bit performance on Pro Tools LE with high edit densities and the maximum number of Plug-Ins follow these guidelines:

Intel Pentium 4 or Xeon Single Processor
AMD Athlon XP with pure VIA chipset
Performance and the number of Plug-Ins will vary from PC to PC; however, faster processor speeds produce better results
Total System RAM: 384 MB or higher
File System (all drives): FAT32 or NTFS
Also note that we have seen better performance on computers that have less components attached and non-custom versions of the BIOS or Windows XP
Digidesign ASIO Driver

Digidesign ASIO Driver for Windows XP and Digidesign Hardware
Supported CPU Models & Speeds

Intel Pentium 4 or Xeon - Processors with 1.3 GHz speeds or higher supported, Single Processor
Intel Pentium III - Processors with 500 MHz speeds or higher supported, Single Processor
AMD Athlon XP - Processors of all speeds supported, Single Processor
AMD Athlon Thunderbird - Processors of all speeds supported, Single Processor
Additional Computer Requirements

System Software: Windows XP Professional or Home Edition
Windows XP Service Pack 1 Required
Pro Tools LE 5.3.3 can NOT be installed on systems running Windows 98, Me, 2000, NT, 95, or 3.1
Windows XP Settings & Requirements
Total System RAM: 256 MB
Additional RAM required for simultaneous use with MIDI sequencers, extensive use of plug-ins, better video playback performance, high edit density sessions, and laptop computers
Intel chipset (with Intel processors)
Pentium 4 or Xeon systems with HyperThreading technology must have "Intel HyperThreading" in the system BIOS disabled.
VIA or NVIDIA nForce chipset (with Athlon processors)
ATX motherboard
CD-ROM drive for software install
Monitor, color required, minimum resolution of 1024 x 768
4GB hard drive space dedicated for audio (minimum)
For maximum performance a separate Digidesign Qualified ATA/IDE, SCSI or Firewire Drive dedicated for audio is required
Apple QuickTime v6.0 recommended

Required only on systems using video
AGP graphics card with 16 MB or more video RAM required for movie playback
Available at www.apple.com/quicktime
Known Incompatibilities
Caution - Mbox is NOT supported on the following systems or systems with the following components:

Dell Inspiron and Dell Latitude line of laptop computers
Computers with motherboards containing SiS (Silicon Integrated Systems) chipsets
Computers with motherboards containing mixed chipsets from AMD plus VIA combined
"ESS Solo-1 PCI AudioDrive" Sound, video and game controller. This device can be disabled from the "Device Manager" in the "System" Control Panel.
SampleCell II PCI cards and SampleCell Editor are not compatible with Windows XP
The Digidesign WaveDriver does not support Avid Xpress DV or certain other DirectSound applications that require advanced DirectSound capabilities
Pro Tools LE 5.3.3 is specific to the Mbox. It will not work with any other Digidesign or third party hardware or in standalone without the Mbox connected.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Need Advice on a Computer Purchase?

Be sure to check out the Pro Tools LE Windows section of the Digidesign User Conference for computer recommendations from other Pro Tools LE users.

Disclaimer: Digidesign can not verify that the information in this forum will provide full functionality or performance. Please refer to these Compatibility Documents for Digidesign's official system requirements.

Mbox Systems Product Information

Mbox Product Section
Mbox Overview and Specifications

Terry

------------------
jam on,
Terry http://imjazzed.homestead.com/Index.html

[This message has been edited by trtjazz (edited 11-22-2003).]

#133547 - 11/22/03 03:40 AM Re: Problems with Pro Tools Le 5.3.3
trtjazz Offline

Micco,
I would look at the Microfoft service pack SP1 required as perhaps being the problem.
Terry

------------------
jam on,

#133548 - 11/22/03 04:21 AM Re: Problems with Pro Tools Le 5.3.3
Micco Offline

Loc: Finland
I have installed all the updates that where avalable on Windows Update pages so the service pack 1 should be installed also. My system should have everything that is required with Pro Tools.

#133549 - 11/22/03 05:19 AM Re: Problems with Pro Tools Le 5.3.3
Tony W Offline

Loc: Lancaster UK
Micco,
I was considering buying the M-BOK but decided against it after checking the uk site......

Apparantly M-BOX and/or PRO TOOLS has serious issues with/ is not compatible with HP PAVILION computers. I will see if I can find it again and post the link but as both my pc's are Pavilion I decided not to buy one.
Best Wishes
Tony

#133550 - 11/22/03 05:27 AM Re: Problems with Pro Tools Le 5.3.3
trtjazz Offline

Micco,
To check and see if you have the sp 1 installed (if you do not know this)
my computer>+ on C drive>+on Windows and you should see it there. On mine it is highlighted in blue and has $ in front and the rear of all the installed files for sp 1.

Also as Tony has said, Hp seems to have "issues" with a lot of different things.
Terry

------------------
jam on,

#133551 - 11/22/03 06:04 AM Re: Problems with Pro Tools Le 5.3.3
sk880user Offline

Loc: United States
I agree, I had several HP computers and I am not comfortable with HP at all.

#133552 - 11/22/03 07:26 AM Re: Problems with Pro Tools Le 5.3.3
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
I have mentioned this several times before..Make sure you disable your virus/scan programs before installing new software..This has helped me in the past..

#133553 - 11/22/03 08:21 AM Re: Problems with Pro Tools Le 5.3.3
JMPCPA Offline

Loc: Cleveland, Ohio USA
I had the exact same problem when I purchased the Mbox and was trying to use it on a Toshiba notebook. I was never able to properly finish the installation routine.
Technical support offered a number of suggestions but was not able to resolve the problem. After a week of trying, I gave up and returned it. I purchased a Tascam US-122 and use it with Cakewalk Home Studio. I instaled the drivers, plugged in the US-122 and was recording in 5 minutes.

#133554 - 11/22/03 10:12 AM Re: Problems with Pro Tools Le 5.3.3
trtjazz Offline

The US 122 has been bullet proof for me as well.
Terry

------------------
jam on,

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online