SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#138923 - 10/30/03 10:54 AM Pax1 .... 61Note KB w/Speakers in the Future or not?
Dnj Offline

Most synths come in 3 versions....88/76/61 so why not this new Korg KB? I also remember George K saying the 61 wont be released in the USA market....why?

#138924 - 10/30/03 11:48 AM Re: Pax1 .... 61Note KB w/Speakers in the Future or not?
Graham UK Offline

Loc: Lincolnshire UK
Dnj. I thought it was the 76 note boards that had poor sales in USA?. A Korg person told me a few weeks ago in October the PA1XPro was 6 weeks delivery, and the 61 note board with speakers would be early 2004 in the UK.
After the Korg we have the New arranger from Roland to look forward to, I was told sometime 2004.
I was also told by Yamaha that they have no intention of producing a 76 key Tyros.
At least all these new boards keeps these Forums very active...Ha!!!!

Graham UK

#138925 - 10/30/03 12:02 PM Re: Pax1 .... 61Note KB w/Speakers in the Future or not?
Alex K Offline

Loc: Phoenix, AZ USA
Donny,

First of all, this argument does not apply to arrangers. Most arrangers come in only 61 key version or 76 key version; the 88 key models are usually packaged in fancy piano-like cabinets, and marketed as "digital piano furniture", with the corresponding price increase.

Second, don't worry about Korg releasing the 61-key version of the PA1 only in Europe. If the US dealers do not carry it, this will give us the excuse to orger from the cheap European stores (and maybe even save some money in the process). While the local dealers indeed add value to the instruments sold, we usually end up paying extra over ordering from certain European stores. I don't want to resurrect the old debate, nor do I advocate bypassing our local dealers, but when a company decides not to bring a product into the US market, they are primarily hurting their own dealers.

I also recall George telling us that when the Roland released VA76, they also said the wouldn't be bringing it to the US. Then very quickly, they shipped one batch exclusively to George's store. Before long, everybody and their brother was offering them.

Regards,
Alex

#138926 - 10/30/03 12:09 PM Re: Pax1 .... 61Note KB w/Speakers in the Future or not?
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
I'm sure the idea that Korg wouldn't be releasing the 61-note version was a result of misinformation. I recall reading the explanation on the Korg Yahoom site.
Don't worry, we'll get it.
DonM

#138927 - 10/30/03 01:04 PM Re: Pax1 .... 61Note KB w/Speakers in the Future or not?
George Kaye Offline

Loc: Reseda, California USA
Just a few bits of information to clear up a few points. When Roland released the VA7 through their contemporary keyboard dealers, the decision was made that the CK division would not bring in the VA76 because all the CK keyboards include speakers and they thought that the CK dealers would not want the VA76, which has no speakers. Next, when the VA76 came out a year later through the Pro Roland Division, I didn't receive an exclusive and never claimed to. I thought that the Pro division was asking too much money for this keybaord because the VA7 was already on it's way out and was being sold new in the $1800.00 price range and Roland Pro was listing the VA76 for $2900.00. My feelings then were correct because I only sold a few VA76's until just a few weeks ago when Roland discontinued their MAP price of $2395.00 and are now allowing dealers to advertise as low as they want to go. Of course, I'm sure Roland is going to discontinue this board shortly.
Finally, Don, it was the Korg District Manager and well as the arranger product manager who told me we would not see a 61 key with speakers in the USA. I only pass on the information I'm told. Sometimes, the information changes however. First they said shipment would begin in October, but as we all know, now they are telling me November, and soon it could be December, who knows?
George Kaye
Kaye's Music Scene
Reseda, California
(Retired 2021)

#138928 - 10/30/03 01:22 PM Re: Pax1 .... 61Note KB w/Speakers in the Future or not?
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
George,
I remember seeing an explanation on one of the forums that disclaimed that statement.
I guess we'll have to wait and see.
I would need a windfall to buy one anyway.
Don

#138929 - 10/30/03 09:13 PM Re: Pax1 .... 61Note KB w/Speakers in the Future or not?
Alex K Offline

Loc: Phoenix, AZ USA
George,

Please do not misunderstand my post - I am not doubting the information you are relaying to us, either about the present Korg situation, or about the Roland case a few years ago.

All I am saying is that the regional sales organizations are sometimes motivated in their decision-making process by factors other than the desires of the marketplace (such as the want to move out existing inventories of the previous model keyboards, such as PA80). These decisions seem to only hurt the companies themselves (and their dealers), and hence, have a tendency to reverse themselves. The same way as Roland found a way to bring the VA-76 to the US, the Korg will eventually start shipping the PA1 (61).

Please be sure that I, along with other members here, appreciate your contributions, whether sharing your expertise or as conduit of information from the manufacturers.

REgards,
Alex

#138930 - 10/31/03 07:19 AM Re: Pax1 .... 61Note KB w/Speakers in the Future or not?
George Kaye Offline

Alex,
Thank you for your clarification. I appreciated your explanation.
Regards,
George Kaye
(Retired 2021)

#138931 - 10/31/03 06:47 PM Re: Pax1 .... 61Note KB w/Speakers in the Future or not?
George Kaye Offline

I decided to call the product manager at Korg today to ask him if anything has changed regarding the 61 key with speaker version being released here in the USA. His response was that next year, when the 61 key is released world wide it would also be available here in the USA. This is different information then I received from my district manager here in California. So, as often happens, things change!
George Kaye
Kaye's Music Scene
Reseda, California
(Retired 2021)

#138932 - 10/31/03 06:58 PM Re: Pax1 .... 61Note KB w/Speakers in the Future or not?
Dnj Offline

Great news George ...thanx for the effort...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online