SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#101592 - 10/31/03 04:57 AM No Phantom this Halloween ........ snif, snif ....
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
Halloween is a high holidy for me, (or WAS)but this year there will be a "silent" house at my old address. I used to love dressing up in my full regalia as the Phantom of the Opera, and using a wiresless mic to scare the bejeezus outta the kids. They LOVED it, and used to try to come back 3 or 4 times each Halloween night. I had to start remembering costumes so I didn't run out of candy!
The older teens were a trip .... they act so cool..... TILL I confront them and use the Darth Vadar voice uder the strobe light, and whip my cape around their heads! I have multi-colored lights flashing all over the yard, and Bach Organ music (overdubbed with groans, screams, and cat fights) playing so loud that you could hear it 3 blocks away ! Those were the days, boy.

(I really DID enjoy it)

But alas, the house went up for sale yesterday, I am working tonight and since we have embarked on this new "separated" family plan .... things will be different this year. My resteraunt isn't even doing anything, so I won't get to see any costumes at all. I don't miss getting dressed up at work, but I sure will miss seeing all the kids at home.

Add to that ..... ATKINS ! No candy for THIS ghoul. Maybe I'll splurge and have some pork rinds b4 work !

[This message has been edited by Uncle Dave (edited 10-31-2003).]

#101593 - 10/31/03 06:38 AM Re: No Phantom this Halloween ........ snif, snif ....
Dnj Offline

sounds like you need a few weeks away on a nice vacation somewhere warm........

#101594 - 10/31/03 07:02 AM Re: No Phantom this Halloween ........ snif, snif ....
Douglas Dean Offline

Loc: Prospect Heights IL USA
Dave, maybe as things got messed up and age is starting to creep up, you should start looking for a good rocking chair. Change your style and start singing rock around the memories.

Grandpa Doug

#101595 - 10/31/03 07:21 AM Re: No Phantom this Halloween ........ snif, snif ....
msutliff Offline

Loc: Cottage Grove, MN, USA
Happy Halloween Uncle Dave,

Is this the costume?

Did you only use this at Halloween or is there more to it (a play, Broadway, etc.)?

mike

PS. Mmmmmmmm....Pork rinds!!!!

[This message has been edited by msutliff (edited 10-31-2003).]

#101596 - 10/31/03 08:29 AM Re: No Phantom this Halloween ........ snif, snif ....
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Quote:
Originally posted by Dnj:
sounds like you need a few weeks away on a nice vacation somewhere warm........

It's warm in Louisiana!
Dave, just dress up as the Phantom and go trick-or-treating yourself.
DonM

#101597 - 10/31/03 08:36 AM Re: No Phantom this Halloween ........ snif, snif ....
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
Ah, nostagia ......
My costume is used a few times a year as a mini-broadway dinner show. I have smoke, lights and a great little medley that brings the house down.
I just love wearing the cape .... it's empowering !
As for the rocking chair ..... not quite ready for that one yet.

#101598 - 10/31/03 08:53 AM Re: No Phantom this Halloween ........ snif, snif ....
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
I know what it is! Thanks to Dr. Atkins, you can fit in it again.
Don

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online