Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#219818 - 10/23/03 10:11 AM Korg pa1x A question for George Kaye
Blazer Offline

Dear George.

Could you please find out -

1) Total sample rom.
2) Sequencer resolution in ppqn.

Neither of these is specified in the Korg Pa1x manual.

I would be very grateful of you could find out these specs from your Korg representative.

Thank you and best wishes, Blaze

[This message has been edited by Blazer (edited 10-23-2003).]

#219819 - 10/23/03 11:06 AM Re: Korg pa1x A question for George Kaye
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hi.
Why don't you just download the manual. Then you will know everthing there is to know about this Pa1X
http://www.pa1xpro.de/downloads.htm

Regards.
James.

#219820 - 10/23/03 11:09 AM Re: Korg pa1x A question for George Kaye
Blazer Offline

I did download the manual.

Those specs are NOT in the manual!

Makes you wonder why they are hiding them.

If they're really good usually they boast about them!

In any case, I'm still very curious as to what they are...

#219821 - 10/23/03 01:20 PM Re: Korg pa1x A question for George Kaye
Blazer Offline

Just out of curiosity -
Do these specs matter to the rest of you?

Why or why not?

Thanks, Blaze

#219822 - 10/23/03 03:35 PM Re: Korg pa1x A question for George Kaye
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
What matters to me are:
Weight
Reliability
Sound
Realism and flexibility of styles
Ease of Operation
Features (Vocal harmonizer, controllers, etc,)
Capability for upgrade via internet
Customer support.
Price.
Not necessarily in that order, but pretty darn close.
What numbers they use to achieve the above doesn't matter to me. The proof is in the playing and listening.
DonM

#219823 - 10/23/03 04:31 PM Re: Korg pa1x A question for George Kaye
Blazer Offline

On page 154 of the Korg Pa1X manual it states:

Tick Smallest position value. Both Pa1X internal sequencers feature a resolution of 384 ticks per quarter note.

One down one to go - still want to know how much sample rom this puppy has.

Don M - I agree with your comments. I still want to know the specs though...

#219824 - 10/23/03 08:32 PM Re: Korg pa1x A question for George Kaye
Bluezplayer Offline

Loc: Catskill Mountains, NY
Specs.. I'l take em for what they are worth, and yes I'd like to know them but,... Don hit it right on the head for me..

My priorities are somewhat similar and they are ( maybe not in strict order ):

OS and reliability including ease of operation

Sounds

Dynamics of the styles and fills ( also how many fills per style ? )

Does it drop notes ( Poly specs mean little sometimes )

Key feel

Weight / portability

Features including but not limited to: Controllers ( real time controllers are a big plus ) , patch editing and access to raw samples, Pattern sequencing and editing features, disk storage, harmonizer.

Customer support and availability of aftermarket products and updates.

Useful multipads ( more like the Yamaha's and not like the ones on the PA80 )

Price

And last but certainly not least: Where can I demo the thing before I buy it.. hopefully I don;t have to drive 3 or 4 states away...

AJ

#219825 - 10/23/03 10:32 PM Re: Korg pa1x A question for George Kaye
Scott Langholff Online   content

Loc: Pensacola, Florida, USA
Hey Guys

AJ: I'm with you, one really needs to try a keyboard out for a while and not just a few hours. A few weeks is more like it. I have had my Tyros for a little over four weeks, and even though I played a PSR2000 for over a year, there is still some getting used to. I can tell you right now I am super happy I got the Tyros. Even though I played one before in a music store (by the way it wasn't until my third visit that I knew I liked it enough to want it), after I got mine it took three weeks before I came close to feeling like I made the right decision. Tonight as I am preparing for an upcoming job, I have no question this was the right move.

My guess is I would also like the KN7000 and the 61 note version of the new Korg.

But, my main point I wanted to make was, I think everyone needs to find the dealer that will let you try it in your home for 30-45 days. If one can't find a dealer to do that, then I think IMHO the best attitude to take is to buy one at the best figure you can find and if after a real good trial if you don't think it will work out, then sell it on ebay where you actually stand a chance to make a profit on a move like this. If you watch those auctions at all, you will notice that a lot of people are overpaying for the stuff they buy.

My 2 cents.

Scott

#219826 - 10/24/03 05:43 AM Re: Korg pa1x A question for George Kaye
trtjazz Offline

Interesting points all and priorities. At a Motif demo the other night the rep said the #1 thing from their research that the buyer looks for is sound, then everything else after and there was a huge gap from #1 to #2 prioity wise.

The other interesting thing he said about their surveys was that 90 something % said sampling was a must have and that the follow up question was how often do you use sampling and 80 something % said never.
Terry

------------------
jam on,
Terry http://imjazzed.homestead.com/Index.html

#219827 - 10/24/03 07:56 AM Re: Korg pa1x A question for George Kaye
Idatrod Offline

Loc: Oceanside, CA USA
At least they have the option to use the Sampling feature just in case they get so inspired to do so. It is an extremely important function to have regardless if 80% never use that function. I'll bet you Korg Triton/Trinity/Studio players use the Sampling function on a much higher percentile basis than the users of Yamaha Workstations do too. There are oodles more Triton/Trinity/Studio users/owners than Yamaha Motif/ES, users. And because the Korg's are heard on many, many songs we now hear on the Radio, the implementation of the Sampling feature is a big part of that music making. If and when Yamaha gets a bigger foothold into the High End Workstation market you will see the Sampling function used more and more imo because not only will more people be playing the Yamaha Workstations but they will also start 'showing up' more in the Songs we hear on the Radio and also in the Professional Studio production arena. Most people that never use the Sampling function don't truly know or understand its valuable worth IMO and because of it don't realize that a powerful tool in the music making process is literally sitting right beneath their noses waiting to be discovered. Ever heard of a "Pot of Gold?" There really is treasure to be found in a good onboard Sampler.

Best regards,
Mike

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online