SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#161484 - 08/02/03 12:36 PM OT: I hate rebates please explain.........why
Dnj Offline

everthing in the stores has REBATES!!!! For example I go into Best Buy... I see a Nice Flat panel Monitor, or a Laptop .....on the price tag in big letters it says $1499.99....thne in small types it says "after rebate, rebate, and more rebates!!!! ArGGGGGGG!!!! Why Why Why can't they just lower the price? Why do I have to shell out a few hundred exstra? Then wait who knows how long for my money, if you ever get it anyway!!!? Rebates Suck IMHO.....

Please enlighten me on Why there has to be REBATES!!!!!?

ok I'm done venting.........

#161485 - 08/02/03 12:55 PM Re: OT: I hate rebates please explain.........why
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
Because, my ranting pal, SOME people actually forget to do it, and then the company wins !I admit, I've lost a few tiny ones in the past because of procrastination, but for big stuff ..... I send it out right away ! Just do it...and the rebate will be like surprise cash!

#161486 - 08/02/03 01:50 PM Re: OT: I hate rebates please explain.........why
Dnj Offline

I understand that Dave, But.....

why have them in the first place . There must be a reason behind the idea, don't you think. Are they using my money to make interest in the bank so they can profit even more? or what?
Also sometimes you might want and item but only have X Amount...you can afford the Rebated price but cannot lay out he extra bucks making you purchase a cheaper model due to it!!!! I condsider it a bad business practice that I try to stay away from.
Just Give me a good price and I'll buy it!!!

[This message has been edited by Dnj (edited 08-02-2003).]

#161487 - 08/02/03 01:56 PM Re: OT: I hate rebates please explain.........why
Pilot Offline

Loc: Ontario,Canada
They want your name and address for marketing. There's no other benefit other than what UD mentioned - some can't be bothered or they forget. Also, the company that offers the rebates generally isn't the company that you get them from. There are special rebate companies that do this and it's no skin off the original company's nose if you don't collect or wait six months for the money. The only rebate worth getting is the instant rebate which usually has no strings attached.

Bryan

#161488 - 08/02/03 02:04 PM Re: OT: I hate rebates please explain.........why
DanO1 Offline

Loc: Maryland
Quote:
Originally posted by Dnj:
everthing in the stores has REBATES!!!! For example I go into Best Buy... I see a Nice Flat panel Monitor, or a Laptop .....on the price tag in big letters it says $1499.99....thne in small types it says "after rebate, rebate, and more rebates!!!! ArGGGGGGG!!!! Why Why Why can't they just lower the price? Why do I have to shell out a few hundred exstra? Then wait who knows how long for my money, if you ever get it anyway!!!? Rebates Suck IMHO.....

Please enlighten me on Why there has to be REBATES!!!!!?

ok I'm done venting.........

Why ???? so you have to register and get even more SPAM and rebates . Dano

#161489 - 08/02/03 02:06 PM Re: OT: I hate rebates please explain.........why
kbrkr Offline

Loc: Tampa, FL
I refuse to buy anything that has a rebate associated with it.

Al

Pa4x - LD Systems Maui 28 - Mackie Thumps

#161490 - 08/02/03 02:54 PM Re: OT: I hate rebates please explain.........why
Arbaz Offline

well believe it or not some time they sale you things below their cost after rebates and some time merchandise is free after rebate why? cause they roll your money and multiply it 100-200 times and don't forget it takes 6-8 weeks for your rebate so they make quite some money in between.

#161491 - 08/02/03 08:39 PM Re: OT: I hate rebates please explain.........why
trtjazz Offline

Donny.
I'm with you....hate 'em. Give me an instant at the register.

I've had 3 kicked back in the last couple of months and have had to resubmit them ARGGGGGH!
Terry

------------------
jam on,
Terry http://imjazzed.homestead.com/Index.html

#161492 - 08/02/03 08:44 PM Re: OT: I hate rebates please explain.........why
Beakybird Offline

I think another reason is - People apply for the rebate immediately, before they might forget. At that point, they have taken off the UPC code, and they can no longer return the item. So once you send in your rebate materials, you cannot return the item. You're stuck with it.

Beakybird

#161493 - 08/03/03 11:15 AM Re: OT: I hate rebates please explain.........why
GlennT Offline

Loc: Medina, OH, USA
The main reason is that it's a tried and proven sales technique that works... whether for cars, computers, or whatever. Most people actually think they're getting something for nothing... same as when the merchant doubles the $$ then sells it for half price... such a deal, huh? But it works. BTW, so does telemarketing!*%!*#

Quote:
Originally posted by Dnj:
why have them in the first place . There must be a reason behind the idea

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online