SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#103223 - 07/21/03 08:55 AM Saving to disc on the Tyros
mr82thebar Offline

Loc: Baltimore,Md.
I'm sure thoose of you that have a Tyros know how to do this, so Help! I have three pages of registration saved to the internal memory of the Tyros and need help in trying to figure out the manual. How do you save to floppy or hardrive? Maybe it's me 'c ause i'm getting old, but i cannot find the solution in the manual. It tells me i can do it, but doesn't tell me how. Any help appriciated. Bob

#103224 - 07/21/03 09:32 AM Re: Saving to disc on the Tyros
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
hi Bob,

To save a Registration to the hard drive or floppy rather than the internal 'user memory' area: From the Main display screen, press the 'J' button to access the Registration Bank Screen, then use the 'back' & 'next' buttons and select the 'USER', 'FD' (floppy), or 'HD1' (hard drive) tab, to store the reg bank file in the desired location. Select SAVE (#6 button) and it will then save your reg file into the location you previously selected. Hope this helps.

Scott

#103225 - 07/21/03 12:24 PM Re: Saving to disc on the Tyros
mr82thebar Offline

Thanks Scotty, I'll give it a try as soon as i get off of this pc. Bob

#103226 - 07/21/03 08:49 PM Re: Saving to disc on the Tyros
Joe Waters Offline

Loc: Sterling, VA USA
If you are having trouble understanding the Tyros operating system, visit http://psrtutorial.com .

The lessons there were written for the PSR2000, but they apply equally well to the Tyros. There are lessons on the mixing console, adjusting styles, adjusting songs, creating and saving registrations, the entire file system, the music finder features and much more.

#103227 - 07/21/03 10:32 PM Re: Saving to disc on the Tyros
George Kaye Offline

Loc: Reseda, California USA
If you already saved the registration bank in User area and you want to put it into the hard drive or onto a floppy disk, when looking at the banks in the user area push the number button under the display which is below the word copy OR cut. It will then prompt you to choose the files or folders you wish to copy or cut. The difference between the copy or cut is when you copy, you leave the original in the user, floppy or hard drive and when you choose cut, you remove it from the user, floppy or hard drive and put it somewhere else. Next, choose the one file or folder or all files and folders and push "OK" you are then able to move using the back and next buttons to where you want to put these files or folders. You can choose user, floppy or hard drive if you have a hard drive installed. When you push execute, the screen will tell you not to turn the power off while this copying or cutting is being executed. You are now finished and you will have moved your files or folders.
George Kaye
Kaye's Music Scene
Reseda, California
(Retired 2021)

#103228 - 07/22/03 01:46 AM Re: Saving to disc on the Tyros
MacAllcock Offline

Loc: Preston, Lancashire, England
The PSR2k (and Tyros) operating system's file managment method is based around PC/Mac hard disc management techniques. It just has functions assigned to the buttons around the screen rather than the PC mouse / keyboard system.

The "Preset / User / Disc" tabs are just different storage areas and you can cut / copy / paste information between them (although Preset is usually read only).

Be careful with Cut. I always use "copy" then "delete" to ensure that the file / info has arrived at its destination before I remove the source.

[This message has been edited by MacAllcock (edited 07-22-2003).]

#103229 - 07/22/03 11:24 PM Re: Saving to disc on the Tyros
mr82thebar Offline

Thanks to everyone who helped me out. after a five minute brain freeze, i was able to resave to floppy. I will purchase a hadrdrive soon , so at least i'll know how to transfer the registrations. Thanks again, Bob

#103230 - 07/23/03 06:42 AM Re: Saving to disc on the Tyros
svpworld Offline

Loc: UK
If you connect your tyros via USB to a PC, using the filemanager software you can easily copy between user memory and disk space. Else its a matter of copy and paste via the different screen pages!

Simon

------------------

forum.svpworld.com - No adverts, No spam, No nonsense!
share your music, get help and advice, make new friends! All platforms invited!!

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online